• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went to buy a house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    New build in local desireable area - semi with 4 bedrooms.

Issues:

1) car won't fit into "garage" - well maybe 2 inches on each side of space, not willing to get aggro every day
    2) private road rather than public
    3) £1 mln spent for some kind of drainage system to mitigate flood risk ...
    4) no Virgin cables laid and since it's consevation area getting Sky dish might be issue
    5) they want it reserved because others put offers - £2k of which 650 won't be refunded

I live in a National Park and have no problem with installing satellite dishes. You would have a very strange property to need to put the dish on the roof unless you are next to a block of flats. I was lucky to avoid one property where you only got 3 channels (poorly) with an arial, the hill behind blocked satellite, and broadband was 0.5mb

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
      I live in a National Park and have no problem with satellite dishes. You would have a very strange property to need to put the dish on the roof unless you are next to a block of flats. I was lucky to avoid one property where you only got 3 channels (poorly) with an arial, the hill behind blocked satellite, and broadband was 0.5mb
      Don't assume anything with a conservation area. It might be they are concerned with visual impact only, in which case putting it very high up is LESS of a problem since people are not generally looking. Or that you can put it on the back of the property without any problem, if you're lucky enough the house faces the right direction for that.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

^ Mine is on the front but below the eves, I'm on the main road as well, mind you, they seem to allow those eyesore solar panels on 200+ year old cottages as well

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          If you could just transfer me the deposit...

Garage doesn't look too bad - guess it depends on the car.

Our driveway is so narrow you can barely get the car door open when you're parked. We didn't notice that before we bought the house.
          Nice guess, clever cookie you are...

Driveway was well narrow and I am sure that I would not be able to park car inside "garage" without mirrors folded - and even that would have too low margin of error for my liking

And the car ain't THAT wide

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I like in the picture the car is outside the garage.
            Also is the furniture normal size in the rooms?
            Aye, very nice CGI rendering, I expect it to win an Oscar ...

There is no fooking way my car (coupe rather than Range Rover type) could get into garage with confortable margin of error.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I've been waiting a decade for this.

Atw calls the top of the UK house price bubble.

£545k for a council house style semi in a new build estate in Brum.

Sell sell sell.
              WHS...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Alexei, if your office is still in Aston I'm sure you could get a nice affordable detached place round Tamworth somewhere, or even Sutton Coldfield

Erdington would be even closer, but I'm (genuinely) not sure whether or not that is a desirable area.
                Erdington? No chance

Comment

That said appearances can be deceptive with garage width, you'd need to measure it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Customised houses. That's a plan B. Have a housing estate and basic style and adjust the # and size of rooms to suit the customer. Then build it to order. A bit like how dell changed the PC business but with doors as well as windows.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Aye, very nice CGI rendering, I expect it to win an Oscar ...

There is no fooking way my car (coupe rather than Range Rover type) could get into garage with confortable margin of error.
                      Says garage is 2.97 metres. Definitely wouldn't want to be parking when you're pissed.

Comment

Working...
                      X