• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage vs Clegg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to Nigel Farage after the debate - some UKIP members (including me) met up with him for a pint. He's just a normal bloke who wants his country back.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      The people who wish to stay in the Euro are big businesses. This is because they know they can lobby the EU to build red tape to prevent small companies from taking their markets. For example if you want to sell a sanitation product into the NHS you will need to pay over £1 million to get it tested and certified.. If you wish to put any chemical no matter how safe it is into agriculture (despite the fact thaty already happily use the most toxic of insecticides and polluting fertilisers) - even flower growing it is hundreds of thousands of pounds to get it certified.
      Likewise with sealant products or any other building product. In cahoots with the insurance industry and the certification companies we cannot build anything unless it is wrapped up in some kind of heavily capitalised package.
      Dodgy, I love you like my own grandmother, but you are a blithering idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The people who wish to stay in the Euro are big businesses. This is because they know they can lobby the EU to build red tape to prevent small companies from taking their markets. For example if you want to sell a sanitation product into the NHS you will need to pay over £1 million to get it tested and certified.. If you wish to put any chemical no matter how safe it is into agriculture (despite the fact thaty already happily use the most toxic of insecticides and polluting fertilisers) - even flower growing it is hundreds of thousands of pounds to get it certified.
        Likewise with sealant products or any other building product. In cahoots with the insurance industry and the certification companies we cannot build anything unless it is wrapped up in some kind of heavily capitalised package.
        The NHS is run by the British government, not the EU.

No I think you'll find that those who oppose the free movement of people are, albeit unwittingly, supporting the interests of big businesses who want to move capital and jobs around as they please without the public having the freedom to follow those capital flows.

As for the insurance industry, it's the British government that's put up the most resistance to getting them under some kind of control.

Your fight for liberty and to 'get your country back' is very worthy, but you've picked the wrong enemy.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I spoke to Nigel Farage after the debate - some UKIP members (including me) met up with him for a pint. He's just a normal bloke who wants his country back.
          I'm sure he's a delightful chap; I just think think he's wrong.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X