• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage vs Clegg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So you do think that European and British are mutually exclusive concepts?
    In my own interpretation they are not. just as Indians, Australians etc hang on to their national identities yet are British.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      In my own interpretation they are not. just as Indians, Australians etc hang on to their national identities yet are British.
      Ah, good, so Farage IS talking out his rectum! (Clegg will possibly emulate him on that)
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ah, good, so Farage IS talking out his rectum! (Clegg will possibly emulate him on that)
        He is probably trying to goad Clegg into defining himself in terms of what has primacy. Clegg sets himself up as being pro European without defining himself what he means. He likes to think that branding himself as "European" makes him sound worldly, fair and virtuous. Able to see the "big picture" and distance himself from the ( perceived) world of petty nationalism and "cultural identity". To be a "right on" man of the future and man of the world.

Which is why I like Nigel Farage.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So you do think that European and British are mutually exclusive concepts?
          If you are painting the world in manichaean terms then it is exclusive (Vote UKiP!).
          By the way, it worries me when pips 'conflate' Europe and EU. We can abolish EU, but we will still remain European.
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

They aren't mutually exclusive, but Farage isn't suggesting that they are.
            I wouldn't consider myself British, just as he wouldn't consider himself European.
            It's a shame that Farage's principles when it comes to sovereignty and autonomy only extend as far as the point where the ocean meets the sand.

Comment

Working...
            X