• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel's gravy train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Speaking of the accuser ..... would, etc

File:Nicole Sinclaire.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I do know about that, and I've seen the crying game.
    You think it's sour grapes after s/he went to all that effort to convert and Nige knocked her back?

I bet he went there once though just to find out...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I bet he went there once though just to find out...
      How many pints did Nigel have before this adventure?

I think we should know.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Get stuffed!
        I never mentioned you.....

Comment

How many pints did Nigel have before this adventure?

I think we should know.
          Well apparently he can't help himself. So i'd guess 6.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

The reason why I want out of the EU is because the EU condom size is just too small
            OLoB Quote - NSFW!

Biggus Dickus - YouTube
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The reason why I want out of the EU is because the EU condom size is just too small
              I agree. It must be annoying when Mrs DA's new baby looks more like her personal trainer than you.

Comment

I agree. It must be annoying when Mrs DA's new baby looks more like her personal trainer than you.

She's been having to make do with an EU straightened banana recently. Apparently she's all for the rulings.

Comment

What, precisely, would happen to the UK's government if it were to say 'get stuffed, we are going to run our water defences as we see fit, just as the Dutch do, why don't you try stopping us'?

I'll tell you what would happen to them; fook all.
                  It is not quite as simple as that. Under the water time directive any company with responsibility for maintaining the coastlines that become polluted, the directors can be prosecuted and sent to jail. Companies like Thames water deal with instances of pollution by having in place a budget for fines. From 2015 their directors may face jail.

You are not a lawyer and nor am I but whether the UK integrates this legislation into UK law or not that will not necessarily mean that these people cannot be prosecuted through the European courts.

I actually believe it is not necessarily a bad thing for directors of these companies to be held liable in this way. it does however have worrying implications for how we take responsibility for general corporate activity.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He's German

German penises "too small" for EU condoms. - Democratic Underground

"They reported the EU has overestimated the size of the average penis by almost 20% and insist other countries will discover the same."

I work off 20 % margins

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It is not quite as simple as that. Under the water time directive any company with responsibility for maintaining the coastlines that become polluted, the directors can be prosecuted and sent to jail. Companies like Thames water deal with instances of pollution by having in place a budget for fines. From 2015 their directors may face jail.

You are not a lawyer and nor am I but whether the UK integrates this legislation into UK law or not that will not necessarily mean that these people cannot be prosecuted through the European courts.

I actually believe it is not necessarily a bad thing for directors of these companies to be held liable in this way. it does however have worrying implications for how we take responsibility for general corporate activity.
                      Yep, you know how the cloggies deal with this? They put the big decisions on water management in the hands of the cabinet and the 'waterschappen', or elected 'water councils', which have the same immunity from prosecution as ministers, but can be sued (which rarely happens because they tend to get it right on this issue). It seems to work well and might be an idea for a flood prone area like southern England. The EU just doesn't get much say in the matter really, because at the end of the day if the EU wants to arrest the directors, they'll have to phone the UK police and ask them to do it, at which stage they get told to sod off. Really, I think what's happening here is that British politicians have taken poor decisions (poor, with hindsight, to be fair), and have shifted the blame to the EU.

Comment

Working...
                      X