• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooh, look! Global Climate Warming Change Disruption is caused by CFCs, not CO2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    This cannot be true. The science is settled

the authors of this paper must be deniers. yes... thats it, dirty filthy deniers precious.
    my precious

It was only last week I twigged what that word was after I heard it on telly. I read it as den-near (like in the stockings) and thought more than once that it was an odd word to use for people who didn't agree with climate change. denier - Definition and pronunciation | Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

I had a similar moment of enlightenment a few years back when I realised misled wasn't pronounced myzled.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      It was only last week I twigged what that word was after I heard it on telly. I read it as den-near (like in the stockings) and thought more than once that it was an odd word to use for people who didn't agree with climate change. denier - Definition and pronunciation | Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

I had a similar moment of enlightenment a few years back when I realised misled wasn't pronounced myzled.
      Blimey. Way too much honesty for this forum ms.

Respect!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The idea is to associate people on the other side of the argument with the holocaust. A dirty trick which is intended to close down the debate. Of course it will backfire on them when eventually it becomes a badge of honour
        People have used it on this forum, they will look back in embarresment and shame
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Blimey. Way too much honesty for this forum ms.

Respect!!
          Anyone see Jonathan Creek last night?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            This cannot be true. The science is settled

the authors of this paper must be deniers.
            So now another change of theory: it's all down to stockings and tights, and not CFCs?
            Clarity is everything

Comment

The science IS settled climate change is caused by lack of pirates as any fule knows
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                The science IS settled climate change is caused by lack of pirates as any fule knows
                Well, they are trying.

See MH370 for details.

Or do only ships count?

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  May you be touched by his noodly appendage etc... Oh and Yarrrrrrrrrr!!!

Comment

Have you watched the recent episode of Jonathon Creek on iPlayer?

Comment

Anyone see Jonathan Creek last night?
                      DOH! Should have read further before posting!

Comment

Working...
                      X