• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - but not sure I want to be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As all have said - a crap rate is better than no rate, and at least you like working there. And it's great that they want to keep you on!

Congrats.

Comment

I think I'm gonna cry

Hang on NLUK will be on here soon telling me to 'grow a pair' lol
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Moan if client is crap, moan if you don't get extensions, moan moan ******* moan.

Have a grey banana for being such a miserable bastard.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I find this very interesting and glad I'm not alone. My rate is modest but I work from home. Sometimes I get frustrated about my rate and have to remind myself that I have a 30-seconds commute which costs me nothing. The alternative would be a 2-hours (each way) commute to London at a cost of £100. So is a cost of 4 hours and £100 per day worth an additional £150-£200 per day earned? For me, no.
          this for me, why I stay a permie here.

if it were that or the bench I'd be happy there.

have a bannana and smile you are still earning in the top 10 percent!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            I find this very interesting and glad I'm not alone. My rate is modest but I work from home. Sometimes I get frustrated about my rate and have to remind myself that I have a 30-seconds commute which costs me nothing. The alternative would be a 2-hours (each way) commute to London at a cost of £100. So is a cost of 4 hours and £100 per day worth an additional £150-£200 per day earned? For me, no.
            I commute from London to Birmingham, mainly because there is little or no contract work close by and what there is pays peanuts. Agree its a long day, don't know where you live but £100 a day seems a lot for a regular daily commute to the big smoke, my rail pass works out to ~ £40 a day for the Virgin Main Line into Euston, granted if I bought a single ticket to travel at peak time it would be £82(!). I earn double what I would do looking at local rates so even allowing for commute costs I am still several thousand pounds a month better off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Moan if client is crap, moan if you don't get extensions, moan moan ******* moan.

Have a grey banana for being such a miserable bastard.

A grey and very low resolution banana; a bit miserable yourself today?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                A grey and very low resolution banana; a bit miserable yourself today?
                I wasn't until I read PC's post. It's not low resolution, its retro cool!

At least he got a banana. Worst boomed post I have ever seen so it was borderline.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Well not so bad. In 20 mins as like every other friday Im out the door.

Permie manager out the door on a friday come hell or high water at 2-30pm normally. #countryclubhere
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Well not so bad. In 20 mins as like every other friday Im out the door.

Permie manager out the door on a friday come hell or high water at 2-30pm normally. #countryclubhere
                      So really you are on holiday? that's hardly a Boomed is it? Time to get a job?

Comment

Working...
                      X