• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP supporters are nearly all benefit recipients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    I hope they are more interested in contractors than the other parties, considering that they are a party that is pro free enterprise. And less interested in vilifying the 'rich' (aside from those who get rich from political cronyism.)
    You were more "spot on" in your earlier draft:
    I'll have to disagree on that - the party is very much not opposed to the 'wealthy' or the 'rich'. Quite the opposite. Nor should they be. I would lose much respect for them if they emulated Labour in being a party of limousine liberals, spewing tired rants against the 'rich', due to this being an acceptable form of hate speech. Unless of course it's the rich who benefit their party, part of the 'in' crowd, then they are silent.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

True but then I realised I may have been reading too much into his post. The 'rich' seem to be the favoured pinata doll of whichever party you care to mention, even the Tories. Not that I would consider the average contractor rich, as in asset-wealthy.

Comment

Working...
      X