• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight: quiet dinner with Mr N, not sure if I'm cooking the home cured bacon or the home cured pastrami tonight.
    Tomorrow: Painter turning up to finish the last of the renovation work on the new house, hopefully that won't take long and then hopefully a trip to the local market, possibly make some game terrine if the Poulier has anything decent available.
    Sunday: Most likely doing nowt, apart from cooking and imbibing a nice wine
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Tonight: quiet dinner with Mr N, not sure if I'm cooking the home cured bacon or the home cured pastrami tonight.
      Tomorrow: Painter turning up to finish the last of the renovation work on the new house, hopefully that won't take long and then hopefully a trip to the local market, possibly make some game terrine if the Poulier has anything decent available.

poelier
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Fri: wine and Chinese takeaway with GF#1
        Sat: wine and Chinese takeaway with GF#1
        Sun: wine and Indian takeaway with GF#1
        Monday: Trip to A&E with a coronary.
        Tonight: Nothing major.
        Sat : Bike ride in the morning. visit GMIL in the afternoon
        Sun: Club ride and vegetate in the afternoon.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Luckily I am driving back to Wales for the weekend. Mrs BP is quite unwell. I was going to babysit all weekend anyway.

I get the 6:30 train on MOnday to get me on for EOD shift.

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight a friend is coming over for help with a new career path and to give me the details for the game he wants run for his birthday

Tomorrow:

Might go for the park run if the kids and Mrs MUN are happy to be left at home (Mrs MUN is still recovering from her operation).
            Take the kids somewhere in the afternoon
            Quiet night in with Mrs MUN

Sunday:
            Church to babysit whilst Mrs MUN listens to the service. I helped run the creche a week or two ago so might do that again.
            Afternoon and evening, try to pregenerate characters for the RPG game (Firefly meets the Walking Dead) a friend wants me to run for his stag night.

You?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              So, you've got the painters in then
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

poelier
                I always thought it was a Vlaams derivation and never paid attention to the exact spelling.

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                So, you've got the painters in then
                Hopefully that is the last of them. I'm fed up of workmen turning up to finish stuff.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

press ups, and girding.

wont be long now till my loins are well girded
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Friday: Nothing much
                    Sat: Going up to Manchester Trafford Centre as I need some shirts for my new contract (I've lived in t-shirts for the last 3 years). Also going to swing by $ClientCo to see where it is for my Monday start
                    Sun: Got to fit in a 10 mile run, but other than that nothing planned

Comment

Hmmm DaveB, you got me thinking...

Fri: wine and Chinese takeaway with GF#1.
                      Sat: bike ride, beer, wine and Chinese takeaway
                      Sun: bike ride, cooked breakfast with GF#1, making cakes and snacks, Indian restaurant.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X