• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coma woman told to find work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Have you seen the film "Brazil"?
    So are you Sam Lowry or Tuttle?

God knows why they can't do something like this with compassion & professionalism?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      So are you Sam Lowry or Tuttle?

God knows why they can't do something like this with compassion & professionalism?
      Well, while I agree with your sentiment, let me ask you this; what kind of people go and work for the DWP? Likewise, what kind of people would want to work as traffic wardens, customs officers, immigration officers, HMRC officials, the Met's riot policemen, etcetera?

Would it be compassionate, nice, highly educated people who do their best to understand all the nuances and complexities of the story they are told?

Or are those jobs more likely to attract the indifferent, the minimally educated, the unmotivated and unfortunately in a few cases, the downright bigoted?

Personally I'd say it's the second option, and I don't know what to do about it except that the government should perhaps shrink and employ less of these inspectors, controllers, wardens, busybodies and beater-uppers to whom everybody is subjected in some way or another. Some people need benefits, in many cases because they're too sick to work, but some cases because we'd be better off without them in the workforce.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Personally I'd say it's the second option, and I don't know what to do about it except that the government should perhaps shrink and employ less of these inspectors, controllers, wardens, busybodies and beater-uppers to whom everybody is subjected in some way or another. Some people need benefits, in many cases because they're too sick to work, but some cases because we'd be better off without them in the workforce.
        convert it to online would be a good move, you can then create a sensible workflow. Letting the frontline staff make decisions is obviously not working.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Well, while I agree with your sentiment, let me ask you this; what kind of people go and work for the DWP? Likewise, what kind of people would want to work as traffic wardens, customs officers, immigration officers, HMRC officials, the Met's riot policemen, etcetera?

Or are those jobs more likely to attract the indifferent, the minimally educated, the unmotivated and unfortunately in a few cases, the downright bigoted? .
          It doesn't attract anyone. It's a job the only kind of job they can apply for. Except riot police - they want to be able to beat people up legally.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
            There's plenty of people round here in comas but manage to turn up for work everyday.
            They work in HR
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              They work in HR
              have you been drugging them again?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
              X