• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard Life make plans to leave Scotland for England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It doesn't.

The general consensus is that the poorer EU countries have suffered and are suffering due to an inability to devalue their currency and remain competitive.
    I suppose it was too much to ask.

Even George once said QE would not happen on his watch. It would be a sign of a failed government policy. He switched on the printing presses anyway spending the future wealth of our unborn children yet you applaud him.

Those 'suffering countries' are in difficulty because of debt. Because they were spending beyond their means. Germany is only just managing to keep it's head above water.

In years to come those suffering countries shall be much wealthier than the UK as their children have money to spend whilst the UK off-spring continue to pay for the mistakes of their parents.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I suppose it was too much to ask.

Even George once said QE would not happen on his watch. It would be a sign of a failed government policy. He switched on the printing presses anyway spending the future wealth of our unborn children yet you applaud him.
      Sorry, where have I "applauded" him? Only in your imagination I'm afraid. I haven't even mentioned him.

Those 'suffering countries' are in difficulty because of debt. Because they were spending beyond their means. Germany is only just managing to keep it's head above water.

In years to come those suffering countries shall be much wealthier than the UK as their children have money to spend whilst the UK off-spring continue to pay for the mistakes of their parents.
      Yes, they are suffering due to debt but a lack of control over monetary policy exacerbates their problems.

Not quite sure why you think they will somehow have more money to spend than us in the future, they are still loaded with debt and have struggling economies making it harder to pay the debt off. Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy are all in recession according to the latest numbers, whereas the UK economy is growing.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sorry, where have I "applauded" him? Only in your imagination I'm afraid. I haven't even mentioned him.
        I meant the rhetorical we.

Yes, they are suffering due to debt but a lack of control over monetary policy exacerbates their problems.

Not quite sure why you think they will somehow have more money to spend than us in the future, they are still loaded with debt and have struggling economies making it harder to pay the debt off. Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy are all in recession according to the latest numbers, whereas the UK economy is growing.
        I think those countries will be in better condition because they're are being forced towards installing good governance whereas in the UK we continue have career politicians who think of themselves & big business rather than the people that voted them.

My goodness even Greece has begun reversing it's debt growth (whilst ours continues to grow) and S&P have increased their credit rating.

It would seem to me having control of our monitory policy is not delivering us the upper hand we were led to believe.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It would seem to me having control of our monitory policy is not delivering us the upper hand we were led to believe.
          Well, apart from the fact that our economy is growing the fastest of all the mature ones in the EU, obviously. The Greek economy is shrinking at over 4% a year as a result of the "good governance" that's been forced upon them.

Do you ever actually look at facts and figures or do you just lick your finger and shove it in the air before posting?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Standard Life make plans to leave Scotland for England

I do not consider people spending money in the high street economic growth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not consider people spending money in the high street economic growth
              No doubt you have some scoooterese definition that has no relationship with the actual meaning of the term. FWIW, when I talk about economic growth I'm talking about growth in GDP.

Last edited by doodab; 27 February 2014, 22:45.

Comment

if the UK leaves the eurozone... etc etc
                What? Is the UK leaving the Eurozone? OMG are we going back to the Pound?
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

My goodness even Greece has begun reversing it's debt growth (whilst ours continues to grow)
                  Er, that is bollocks. About the Greek deficit and about ours.

Do these things come to you in dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    RBS wouldn't have much choice. The others would although you could see why they would leave.

Is this part of the SNP's plan?
                    To be honest SL wouldnt have much choice due to the tax relief they get with respect to UK pensions, plus all of the uncertainty.

As reporting season is coming up, more Scottish registered companies will need to highlight Scottish Independence under the political risk section.

Though thankfully polls are showing increased support for No, and STVs most recent poll being good news for those who do not have the "measles of the mind".

Comment

Working...
                    X