• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do I want for my birthday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Get yourself a motorbike and an organ donor card.

Official website of LOTUS MOTORCYCLES | C-01 | powered by motioncompany
    That looks safe
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you the same as me when seeing a skimply dressed 18 year old - mmm wonder what her mum looks like?
      I do that.

I think that's normal. Mind you I saw a (I'm guessing) 60 year old the other day and thought she looked like fun.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I'd ask for a wilderness survival shelter, in case the Ukraine situation gets out of hand ..
        2014-02-26 - NATO Responds To Russian Military Drill, Backs "Inviolability" Of Ukraine Frontiers
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Little more than sabre rattling.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Little more than sabre rattling.
            2014-02-27 Pro-Russian Gunmen Seize Ukraine Crimean Parliament; Russia Puts Jets On High Alert
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Tit for tat. They in Crimea are saying that the current government are not legit, so we can take power illegitimately as well. This is a complex game of chess and Putin knows exactly what he is doing. Putin is not in favour of any kind of global conflict, so I suggest not worrying overly.

Comment

Tit for tat. They in Crimea are saying that the current government are not legit, so we can take power illegitimately as well. This is a complex game of chess and Putin knows exactly what he is doing. Putin is not in favour of any kind of global conflict, so I suggest not worrying overly.
                Not quite.

Crimea was already an autonomous region. They are saying "Just because you changed your government in Kiev, don't think you can come down here and overrule our autonomy."

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Not quite.

Crimea was already an autonomous region. They are saying "Just because you changed your government in Kiev, don't think you can come down here and overrule our autonomy."
                  You are right. Do we agree this is unlikely to spiral though?

Comment

Putin is quite keen to build a "free trade zone" to rival the EU out of ex-USSR countries. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to realise that free trade zones that work work because you have an overarching rule of law. The sort of cronyism that Russian business seems to favour simply isn't suited to that sort of arrangement.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      Not quite.

Crimea also has the largest group of ethnic Russians also, which might explain some of it. Don't forget that Sebastapol is in Crimea which is a major Russian navy base and they just extended the lease on it until 2051 or so. I think that might play a role in it as well...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X