• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small car recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an audi for sale if your interested.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Mazda 2. Same basic chassis as the current Fiesta and brilliant to drive and since its built by engineers rather than marketeers it doesn't weight anything and will never break down. 'Er indoors gets close to 40 mpg on a 10 mile commute that takes around an hour in heavy traffic.

Go for the sport model and you get all the toys, but the lesser ones are quite well equipped. And since nobody remembers they exist, they are fairly easy on the wallet.

Avoid Polos and small Audis, excellent cars but hugely overpriced.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Also wondering if we should be considering diesel... neither of us owned a diesel car before.
        Want to buy for cash (I am a contractor even if I'm buying a permie car). Budget probably £5k after trading in 2003 Focus.

Stop taking the piss and get her a decent car for a decent budget before she runs off with a real man with a BMW. Though looking at your question again it will be a knob of an audi driver that steals her away from you.

5k on a car, jeesh go on mumsnet and ask some of the other ladies.

Comment

Suity has an Audi for sale if you're interested...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

from the description this use does not justify a diesel, which will just cost more over those miles for little advantage

Comment

Nissan Note...
              Join IPSE

Comment

Go green, get a Twizy: Renault Twizy - Electric Vehicle - Renault UK

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I've got an audi for sale if your interested.

I suggest a Honda Civic.

Comment

Aygo.

I hear sasguru is selling ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Aygo.

I hear sasguru is selling ...
                      Joking aside I would seriously recommend you go look at the Aygo. SWMBO is on her second. She just takes a lease deal from Toyota and gives it back. 5 years with them and not a hiccup. Piece off piss to park but will do 80 fairly easily on the motorway with 4 of us and a weeks camping gear. Not the quietist on the motorway but did Manc to Anglesey no probs.

Luggage space is not ideal I will give you that but have a look at them before you write them off.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X