• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Hairy Bikers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I quite like them.

I bought their 'Hairy Dieters' cookbook for Mr ms for Christmas.
    We have it. Pretty good ideas in there and they don't taste "diety" which is the important thing.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We have it. Pretty good ideas in there and they don't taste "diety" which is the important thing.
      I'm sure there's a bible pun in there somewhere......
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

they don't swear, they cook manly stuff so attract the modern man audience.

a lot lighter than mr Pukka. or Gordon F**********************
        not as green and geeky as HFW. (who reminds me of some old friends who brewed their way through life.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          I'm sure there's a bible pun in there somewhere......
          Along the diety/deity route?

Comment

They clearly no nothing about food which to be honest I am not going to hold against them as TV is filled with food people who know nothing about food. They also seem to think they can get away with an Ant and Dec type on screen relationship which they cant, they are not funny and it all seems terribly scripted.

And they can't go 5 minutes without talking about carry out food they have 'up north', chip butties, bacon rolls. They spent last nights show in Hong Kong wittering on about what they get in their local Chinese. They might as well went down their local take away and asked Sammy the chef to go through the menu.

It is TV for people who go on holiday to Spain and complain the English breakfasts are not as good as back home.

Comment

I can't stand them. The hariy bikers are just plain annoying with their overly camp voices. It would be funny if they hated each other in real life. They have a good gig from the beeb though. I'd like a roadtrip through the US, filling my face and getting paid for it.

But then I can be easily annoyed where TV is concerned.

One thing that bugs me is all the camera work that happens now. like that poncy Nigel Slater. He's supposed to show you how he's making something but the camera is on his face - then they cut to the food.....out of focus....in focus....back to out of focus. Its like a trip to sodding spec savevrs. Then he puts whatever slop he's concocted in his mouth and its all HHmmm Hmmmm you get a hint of Nom Nom hmmm basil and hmmmm nom.,.. **** off you poncy tulip! Result is another broken telly and another refusal from the BBC for a replacement.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                They clearly no nothing about food which to be honest I am not going to hold against them as TV is filled with food people who know nothing about food.
                It's light entertainment, not a school for haute cuisine. If you want serious information about how to cook, sign in to Cordon Bleu or some other cookery school but don't expect it from two blokes making a telly programme.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It's light entertainment, not a school for haute cuisine. If you want serious information about how to cook, sign in to Cordon Bleu or some other cookery school but don't expect it from two blokes making a telly programme.
                  Lowest common denominator light entertainment programming is not what BBC 2 is for.

When tulipe like this is served up I can see why people get fooked off about paying the licence fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                    Oh, I don't know.

I love some of the road trips they do where they buy local produce and knock up something typical of the local area. Particularly enjoyed the Turkish one they did.

Let's face it, they're not as annoying as the fat tongued mockney.

Not as good as Rick Stein though.

Anyhow, for the record, give me triple D or MVF any day of the week!
                    WGGS. Saw a bit of the hairy bikers last night in Hong Kong in an overpopulated tower block. They were acting very suspiciously as if it was the first time the cameras were on them. Either that or they were very uncomfortable with where they were. Painful to watch, so didn't. Triple D or MvF any day.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      They clearly no nothing about food
                      Because they don't make the kind of food you like they know nothing about food?

Comment

Working...
                      X