• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP form their own EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Maybe let the Netherlands join too - just to spite the EU. English speaking, the Dutch gave us our Bill of Rights and a royal connection with King William III.
    Deluded! The Dutch don't feel and don't want to feel Anglo Saxons. It is a tiny little country that thrives on export and not pissing their customers off and they need Germany on their side.

In this respect, considering their history, the Germans have been masters of diplomacy in the last 65 years (if you limit it to West Germany), while the United Kingdom...
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      Deluded! The Dutch don't feel and don't want to feel Anglo Saxons. It is a tiny little country that thrives on export and not pissing their customers off and they need Germany on their side.

In this respect, considering their history, the Germans have been masters of diplomacy in the last 65 years (if you limit it to West Germany), while the United Kingdom...
      WHS, probably better to work with the Dutch (and many German businesspeople) to persuade the German government that the EU has to move toward more business freedom and less interference; they will probably agree with you.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        stuff
        stuff
        more stuff
        crappy poster
        Some minor points in there I guess, but nothing of note really.

All I can say is: Well done UKIP - 18% of the vote, in a safe Labour seat.
        Roll on the Euro elections...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

All I can say is: Well done UKIP - 18% of the vote, in a safe Labour seat.
          Roll on the Euro elections...
          Whooo! 18%! Rocking the world, eh?
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

There are only so many "Alf Garnets" so I think it's now reached it's full potential.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Still get loads of Johnny Foreigner (and there's 53 countries in the Commonwealth although probably only 16 in the Realm
              Of course you utterly miss the point about why we want to leave the EU. As for your comment about "Europeans" you might like to explain what this actually is? It seems that you have homogenised anyone who lives in Europe as a single cultural entity. This is exactly how the elite who run the EU look upon everyone. They have no respect for national identities or differing cultures. This is why the British wish to leave.

as for the pathetic assertion that bringing to together the commonwealth is being considered as some sort of way of battling against the EU then I have never heard of such nonsense. why would any country be naive enough o join something or develop something purely for such negative reasons?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                There are only so many "Alf Garnets" so I think it's now reached it's full potential.
                Give me an Alf Garnett ahead of a "Euroclone" any day
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Give me an racist misogynistic sexist old ****er living in the good old days when we had an empire ahead of a "Euroclone" any day
                  FTFY
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    WHS, probably better to work with the Dutch (and many German businesspeople) to persuade the German government that the EU has to move toward more business freedom and less interference; they will probably agree with you.
                    Assuming that never happens what's the next move for the Netherlands?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                      Assuming that never happens what's the next move for the Netherlands?
                      No change is needed. Being a satellite of Germany has its own perks, just as convenient it is for Britain to be the US poodle.

Comment

Working...
                      X