• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What the pagans worship....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is working in Docklands all right, but he is a janitor sweeping floors there and can only post here during the day when people either forget to log off or use brain stupid passwords that he can easily guess like: Christ or SheepShag, you get the idea.

Comment

Ok...I'll bite......

So this big God dude, he's all powerful right ?

Then how come he hasn't waved his magic wand and banished the Devil, in the blink of an eye ?

Options

1) He can't because neither exist

2) He won't, because the Devil serves a useful purpose and tempts potential sinners and thus keeps the entrees in to Heaven down...I'd call that malicious and wilful entrapment myself. Nice God you have there....

3) He can't because the Devil and God are two sides of the same being

4) He can't because the Devil would kick his a55, and everyone knows God is the Devil's Baitch

5) Who frickin cares ?

Before you launch in to the usual reponse "But God gave each man and woman freedom of choice....", my answer to that over-used line is this....

If he gave us free choice, then why are we supposedly judged at the end of it ?

That's not free choice is it ? That's saying, ABIDE BY MY RULES because if you don't, I'll GET THE BIG STICK.

There...I've bitten. Happy now ?
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Belief, like fear, is just another motivational technique. Religion is just another control technique.

Without belief (ie. some kind of reason to be) would we all give up reproducing ?

Without religion, would we all turn into amoral monsters.

No.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Satan gets a bum rap

He's not bad just misunderstood
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
            So this big God dude, he's all powerful right ?

Then how come he hasn't waved his magic wand and banished the Devil, in the blink of an eye ?

Options ...
            6) God is all powerful, but God is the evil one (clearly as he's responsible for all the bad things in the world). Satan is the force for good, but is powerless against God.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

One of my top 3 books...

You see, there was a bit of a mixup when the Antichrist was born, due in part to the machinations of Crowley, who did not so much fall as saunter downwards...
              Last edited by cojak; 18 August 2006, 20:21.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X