• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you Glastonburyed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    FWIW - last year at Download I was walking back to the tent after Iron Maiden had finished. A bit hungry we gota burger each from one of the vans. We were walking back and talking about how rank the burgers were when some woman piped up that we should appreciate them more because a cow had to die for us to eat it and she launched into some long drawn out bolloks about animal rights. I told her to piss off and I threw the half eaten burger in the bin!
    Better than opening it and ramming it into her face I suppose.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

we live in a country that gave the world the hobby of trainspotting
      Have you met Gricer?

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
        Have you met Gricer?
        For the hundredth time, no I have NOT met him

What is it with you lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          For the hundredth time, no I have NOT met him

What is it with you lot?
          You claim to dabble in hobbies but without enthusiasm and you have the cheek to describe those who possess it as windbags. You are, without a doubt, too dull to be real.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You claim to dabble in hobbies but without enthusiasm and you have the cheek to describe those who possess it as windbags. You are, without a doubt, too dull to be real.
            I'm saying that I dabble in things, yes but I'm also saying that I find it hard to display the levels of enthusiasm of a seasoned practitioner of the hobby whilst still a novice. I have found this problematic as it can create discord. Let's face it, you're expected to live and breathe the hobby - not be an occasional dabbler. I think that is a shame.

Comment

I'm saying that I dabble in things, yes but I'm also saying that I find it hard to display the levels of enthusiasm of a seasoned practitioner of the hobby whilst still a novice. I have found this problematic as it can create discord. Let's face it, you're expected to live and breathe the hobby - not be an occasional dabbler. I think that is a shame.
              I've found that whenever I have tried something new seasoned practitioners have always been more than willing to share their enthusiasm and knowledge without becoming dismissive or critical. It's probably your attitude towards them that's creating discord. Perhaps start thinking of them as a valuable resource instead of "windbags"?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You seem to have taken to typing with some enthusiasm GG
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Have you ever dabbled in Lesbianism then?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    If you haven't, I'm sure MF could lend you an instructional DVD or two.....
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Are you suggesting she posts in the tipping (the velvet) thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X