• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six-year-old schoolboy suspended for having Mini Cheddars in his lunchbox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered what had happened to Riley.

"The following month Riley’s parents Tom Pearson and Natalie Marley won their appeal against their son’s “unlawful” exclusion from Colnbrook C of E, but decided to move Riley anyway in the face of punitive measures imposed by the school."

Mini-cheddars head resigns from Colnbrook Primary

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I wondered what had happened to Riley.

"The following month Riley’s parents Tom Pearson and Natalie Marley won their appeal against their son’s “unlawful” exclusion from Colnbrook C of E, but decided to move Riley anyway in the face of punitive measures imposed by the school."

Mini-cheddars head resigns from Colnbrook Primary
      I'll bet HE'S cheesed off!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Parents in Bavaria don't overfeed their children. They also get healthy amount of outdoors, some of which I find a little disturbing.
        What's disturbing about being out of doors? Unless they're into outdoor nudism or something bizarre
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          WHS.

Our daughter attends a montessori kindergarten here in Munich. The policy is similar no sugary foods or crisps. Fruits yes. Flouting the policy impacts other children not just your own, so it's consideration for all parents.

Must admit daughter is very well behaved. When relatives visited recently we went out to a nice restaurant in the evening. They were surprised our nearly three year old was sat at the table with us (i.e. not using a baby sister), I thought nothing of it myself. Later they commented how well behaved she was, sat there the whole time like one of us.
          It seems odd to us (in the UK) but you go anywhere in Europe and it seems to be perfectly normal - whole families, young kids included - in restaurants at 10 or 11pm, and not a squeak from the little 'uns. European kids are so much better behaved than our home-grown brats. It's one of the few areas Europe seems to be way ahead.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So. What I have learned from this:

If you want to take your kids abroad in school term time send them to school with a 6 pack of mini cheddars.

It's stupid having a healthy eating policy but not fleshing it out to guide parents.

It's even more stupid to exclude a kif based on a healthy eating policy that doesn't state what the school belives to be a healthy diet. And the reasons for this policy. To then expell is ludicrous.

This child is one of 4? The mother is still not older than 25. He's 6. Simple arithmetic she was not a school girl bride. So respectable. Her other half has a job.

Normal parents in other words.

I have plenty of scars, internal and external to prove I had a "healthy outdoor choldhood" including a scar on my foot from playing "stretch", a broken collarbone from falling out of a tree, a scar on my left index from cutting towards my hand making an "arrer" for my bow, a deformed big toe from toe ending a wet casey, various dislocations, a scar on my skull from being hit by a slate battling another gang on the roofs of the derelict house across the street, every time I fell off my bike it was into a bed of nettles..

Never harmed me...
            Last edited by Lost It; 6 July 2017, 06:00.

Comment

Working...
            X