• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    blimey I actually turn up for work for a day and the kiddies all get in a spat. Sad.

Dhoog I did 5 hours cycling the weekend before and was doing a couple of hours every other night, I was still a wimp compared to MS & Brillo, the hills are very hard work, so is avoiding all the other riders.

MS - I was joking about the doughnut, I have no idea how you cycled up the Beacon, I was completely knackered. And you only glowed at the end!

BP - why do you think I was so fast down the hills there was a lovely blonde lady with a great action down hill!

Weird apparently MS & I were on a different outing according to Endomondo. I was an hour & 1.6 mph faster. I think the auto stop / start feature on Android is pants. My stats look great though!

35.4 mph max speed! I'll get flashed by a speed camera soon.
    My Garmin doesn't stop for the stops - so mine is elapsed time. Loaded it into Strava and it gave me 5:08 which is a bit more respectable. Have edited my endy

My cycle up the hill wasn't pretty, and did require a rest stop a bit before the top for a breather. I then collapsed, prostrate outside the tea tent before summing up the energy to purchase a doughnut.

Doing it again in 3 weeks - Fleet to Brighton with ClientCo - we cycle up Devil's Dyke rather than Ditchling, and I've got to make it - research tells me it's a longer distance for the same climb, so hopefully not quite so steep.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 16 June 2014, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      My Garmin doesn't stop for the stops - so mine is elapsed time. Loaded it into Strava and it gave me 5:08 which is a bit more respectable.
      ah that makes sense.

Pity they don't show you the stops more sensibly.

Could do with a filter - show stops / don't show stops.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well done you then. I hope you get a warm glow from being right.
        My, but you're bitchy today. Still a little saddlesore? Passive-aggressive doesn't suit you.

My Garmin doesn't stop for the stops - so mine is elapsed time. Loaded it into Strava and it gave me 5:08 which is a bit more respectable. Have edited my endy

My cycle up the hill wasn't pretty, and did require a rest stop a bit before the top for a breather. I then collapsed, prostrate outside the tea tent before summing up the energy to purchase a doughnut.
        I didn't even realise it involved rest stops, I thought it was a non-stop trek. Were people typically doing 2min stops or more like 30min?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          My, but you're bitchy today. Still a little saddlesore? Passive-aggressive doesn't suit you.
          Oh, I think it probably does.

I didn't even realise it involved rest stops, I thought it was a non-stop trek. Were people typically doing 2min stops or more like 30min?
          We were held up for about 20 minutes while an air ambulance rescued a woman who'd come off worst in an encounter with a car. Plus the odd pee / water break / banana stop.

That OK with you?

Comment

No, your normal sarcastic style is far better. Stop being so bloody touchy and have some wine.

Comment

No, your normal sarcastic style is far better. Stop being so bloody touchy and have some wine.
              You silver tongued smoothy.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

To clarify, I'm only down on MF. I think I am on record from the very start as saying there was no chance he would participate; he's a liar and a fraud.
                I was away. £1000 for Charity says I can beat you over the same distance in a 1 2 1 next month. Money = mouth

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Never had him down as a fraud. Miserable little gift with a God complex yes.
                Bow down to your God, worm!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I am not able to neg rep Doogiiiee because I already have, hah hahha

says it all really,

plonker

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I was away. £1000 for Charity says I can beat you over the same distance in a 1 2 1 next month. Money = mouth
                    You're betting that you can beat me at an event you claim to have been training towards for some months, after I tell you that I don't cycle? Wow, how tempting.

Why don't you just give £1000 to charity anyway, you posturing egotist?

Comment

You're betting that you can beat me at an event you claim to have been training towards for some months, after I tell you that I don't cycle? Wow, how tempting.

Why don't you just give £1000 to charity anyway, you posturing egotist?
                      Ok, how about a sitting on your arse eating crisps and being a god bothering keyboard warrior competition. That suit you more?
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X