• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    London to Brighton. Brighton. Say no more.
    I was wondering why the team KUATB outfit was a leather peaked cap.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Excellent - enjoy it.

I'm in my cycling gear, got the sunscreen on!
      whatever floats Mr MS's boat eh? Suppose its better than some football strip. we were going to do another 15 miles but C realised she had a date.

Have to recommend the 'SKY rides' great fun spent the ride boring some primary school teacher & a MIL(Friend - can't afford a divorce and Mrs V is sort of used to me by now).

Do you & your mucker fancy another outing? I think my buddy is fed up with my gardening anecdotes.

Did a suity today and spent all day fixing my bike & V03's bike (beer was of course essential - chilled homebrew its awesome!)
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I was wondering why the team KUATB outfit was a leather peaked cap.
        speak for yourself. Whatever turns you on!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          whatever floats Mr MS's boat eh? Suppose its better than some football strip. we were going to do another 15 miles but C realised she had a date.

Have to recommend the 'SKY rides' great fun spent the ride boring some primary school teacher & a MIL(Friend - can't afford a divorce and Mrs V is sort of used to me by now).

Do you & your mucker fancy another outing? I think my buddy is fed up with my gardening anecdotes.

Did a suity today and spent all day fixing my bike & V03's bike (beer was of course essential - chilled homebrew its awesome!)
          Definitely.

Was going to suggest something for the end of May BH weekend, but could do the one before if that works better? Saturday mornings best avoided for me, as I like to do my parkrun. Maybe MF/Suity could join too (I'm guessing Brillo is busy triple ironing)?

Oxford -> Reading along sustrans route 5 is a really good training ride - nice quiet route, first part nice and flat, then a fooking great hill before the end Drive or train to Reading (free parking at Caversham Bridge) then train to Oxford and ride back?

National Cycle Network Reading to Oxford (National Route 5) - Cycling route - Route description | RouteYou (the other way round)

Comment

Booked the coach back to Clapham, and have set up my Justgiving page.

Only a month away

Edit: Might as well stick in a link in case anyone's feeling generous!

www.justgiving.com/fjt-2b

Comment

Booked the coach back to Clapham, and have set up my Justgiving page.

Only a month away
              When are you adding your justgiving page to your .sig ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                When are you adding your justgiving page to your .sig ?
                Good plan!

Comment

Hit the gym and bike for an hour this morning, will do the same this evening. Now not going to physically be on a bike for the next five weeks so god knows how that will pan out.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good plan!
                    It will stop you reminding us how you cheated in 2012.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Hit the gym and bike for an hour this morning, will do the same this evening. Now not going to physically be on a bike for the next five weeks so god knows how that will pan out.
                      Hire one at the weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X