• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The C word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Which C word do you mean?
    Curtains

Comment

in some parts of the north east its just another term of endearment, doenst mean much its used in every sentence

out in the states it doesn't mean anything, and in Chicago "bloody" is the worst swear word you can use which causes instant silence and people looking at you if you use it at work

funny old world

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Why do women find it so offensive?
        Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Which C word do you mean?
        Cancer ?

When my friends refer to " the C word ", that is what they are referring to.

We just don't like to say it out loud because it is so devastating : and I guess a subconscious, irrational believe that if we say it out loud someone might get it !
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Magpie Lane
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Good link - following it I noticed the following
            More recently, Rillington Place, where John Christie murdered his victims, was renamed Ruston Close.[21] Selous Street in London was renamed as a mark of respect for Nelson Mandela, as it may have been perceived to have been named in honour of the colonialist Frederick Selous,
            Can't see too much wrong with Selous for his time - indicative of more liberal namby pamby hand wringing and angst?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Scunthorpe problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

anyone want to see a piccie of my wifes c**t ?

<===== there it is , over there on the left
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

buttbuttinate.

Grope lane is quite an interesting place.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    buttbuttinate.

Grope lane is quite an interesting place.
                    I think the target of this thread has been mitulip.

I'll console myself eating some delicious tulipake mushrooms.
                    Last edited by petergriffin; 2 February 2014, 17:14.
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                      in some parts of the north east its just another term of endearment, doenst mean much its used in every sentence
                      No part I ever went, which makes me think by "some parts" you mean the really rough parts where every second word is a swear word of some sort.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X