• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Zionist Actress - quits supporting Oxfam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The CEO was on the telly this morning saying his Palestinian employees are paid the same as Israeli Jewish employees and Israeli Arab employees; why don't you provide evidence if you don't think that's true?
    Israeli CEO who has a company in settlements which are illegal under international law. You think I would believe somebody like that? I know better than to believe such people.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Israeli CEO who has a company in settlements which are illegal under international law. You think I would believe somebody like that? I know better than to believe such people.
      Well yes, but we don't, so give us real evidence, i.e. the pay scales from that company, so that we know better too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sodastream are only there so it makes it harder for the settlement to be bulldozed. The Israelis offer lucrative remuneration packages for companies (and individuals) to move into the settlements so it makes it harder for them to be knocked down.

Look what happened when the Palestinians erected Bab Al-Shams ( tent town near Hebron), the Israelis got a court order to remove it saying it was an illegal settlement. But they continue to build huge concrete jungles in the same area.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          Home government institutions provide 203.4 million Euros to Oxfam in the past year where accounts are available.

That's out of a total income of 955.9 million Euros, so 21%

Not quite a majority.

Even if you consider all institutional fundraising as government funding, that accounts for 412.3 million Euros, or 43% of total income.

Source - see page 68

Yes, you're right - I should have written 'significantly' instead of majority.

For me the funding/lobbying circle is a problem (ignoring concerns of government departments perpetuating their own existence for their own sake) because when you look at oxfam's policies and social engineering efforts, they are typically (just like the government in general) bereft of any economic intelligence, and probably do as much harm as good (like all the fair trade bollocks).

Comment

Even if that were true that's besides the point.
            Quite possibly, yes. Although it does (maybe) muddy the waters (see my reference above to oxfam's policies and their dubious stance of what should be considered to be good for the people they help).

Comment

Are you really Nicholas 'quenelle' Anelke?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                I forgot you can't criticise Israelis without being classed an anti-Semite.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  Nice try, it's only Zionists which use that kind of logic. Real Jews differentiate between Zionism and Judaism. To equate the two as one is only a disservice to Judaism which without doubt is a great religion.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                    Sodastream are only there so it makes it harder for the settlement to be bulldozed. The Israelis offer lucrative remuneration packages for companies (and individuals) to move into the settlements so it makes it harder for them to be knocked down.

Look what happened when the Palestinians erected Bab Al-Shams ( tent town near Hebron), the Israelis got a court order to remove it saying it was an illegal settlement. But they continue to build huge concrete jungles in the same area.
                    Excellent point.

Comment

Nice try, it's only Zionists which use that kind of logic. Real Jews differentiate between Zionism and Judaism. To equate the two as one is only a disservice to Judaism which without doubt is a great religion.
                      Plus the Quenelle is not used solely as an antisemitic gesture, in France it is a viral trend which people post images and videos of themselves doing (no too dissimilar to 'planking'), the majority of the people doing it probably don't understand the 'loose' antisemitic symbolism.

Comment

Working...
                      X