• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 3?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One question....Why?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Oh dear

Cycling event targeted by saboteurs laying nails in road - Telegraph

That was at Bransgrove - about a mile from where my event is taking place. Most years the locals stick to stealing the signs for our event?

And I can't fix a puncture! Will I have to carry someone from halfords on my back? I took halfords in their Easter eggs today so maybe them will be accommodating.
      Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      The NIMBYs have done this at a few events now and the TDF:

Cycling guide: How to mend a puncture | News | The Guardian

You can get the slime stuff to prevent and co2 stuff to make it easier....
      This is a great argument for encouraging immigration and incentivising immigrants from all corners of the world to move to the Hampshire countryside. A bit more genetic diversity would go a long way to solving these issues.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Oh dear

Cycling event targeted by saboteurs laying nails in road - Telegraph

That was at Bransgrove - about a mile from where my event is taking place. Most years the locals stick to stealing the signs for our event?

And I can't fix a puncture! Will I have to carry someone from halfords on my back? I took halfords in their Easter eggs today so maybe them will be accommodating.
        Spare tubes and a CO2 inflator. 7 of the best: CO2 inflators - Cycling Active

I don't bother with the slime stuff, didn't find it really helped that much, tending to slow down the deflation rather than stop punctures altogether.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Go for it brilo.

Comment

The smackdown list is up. 16 entrants so far. 5 over 50. I am the youngest of those.

Its 4 weeks Friday. Which is the same day I have my full MOT. Getting an ECG, blood tests, the full workover. Hopefully I wont need a prostate test - I had one of those in January.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad
              Entering a triple iron man contest on 30th May 2014 - HOME - Enduroman Ultra Events - 7.5 mile swim, 350 mile cycle, 80 mile run. As I am nearly 51 and fewer people have completed a tripleIMK than have climbed Everest this is a tall ask.

Pah, it's a paltry 7.2/336/78

HOME - Enduroman Ultra Events

"Triple Enduroman UK: Swim 7.2 Miles, bike 336 Miles, Run 78 Miles)"

Comment

Are you doing it for charidee, Brillo?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

We were avoiding correcting him in case he invited the corrector to join him next year....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They quote official distances on the website. Read the lap distances and it is a bit different :-

swim=39laps*295m=11.505km=7.15 miles
                    bike=30laps*11.6miles=348 miles
                    run=72laps*1.10miles=79.2miles

Are you doing it for charidee, Brillo?
                    When I had nervouis breakldown earlier this year the Llandudno Catholic Church were messing me about! I could not face running round after them to raise money for them. Other charities were considered but at the end it came to nothing.

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    We were avoiding correcting him in case he invited the corrector to join him next year....
                    Its probably going to move next year. They can only do a quin at the current site. And they want to do a deca.

--------------------------------------------

I am starting to get a mixture of dread and excitement now. Which is about what I expected.

Comment

72 laps jeez! Fair play
                      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Working...
                      X