• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More climate bollox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only 14 years to go
    Here you go, the West Side Highway underwater, ahead of schedule..

And, as with the selective David Viner quote, the timescale looks to have been added by the journalist, Hansen was talking about doubled CO2 - about 560ppm which is unlikely much before 2050. But hey, it was an impromptu remark in an ancient press interview, why not look to Hansen's published work and rebut that ... it would be a first...
    Last edited by pjclarke; 21 January 2014, 19:30.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Here you go, the West Side Highway underwater, ahead of schedule..

And, as with the selective David Viner quote, the timescale looks to have been added by the journalist, Hansen was talking about doubled CO2 - about 560ppm which is unlikely much before 2050. But hey, it was an impromptu remark in an ancient press interview, why not look to Hansen's published work and rebut that ... it would be a first...
      voila

James Hansen’s climate forecast of 1988: a whopping 150% wrong | Watts Up With That?

(I love this debate, Mother Nature wipes the floor with the climate scientists )
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

No, I asked for a rebuttal of Hansen's published forecast. That is somebody rebutting what he would have liked Hansen's forecast to be.

The CO 2 emissions since 2000 to about 2.5 percent per year has increased, so that we would expect according to the Hansen paper a temperature rise, which should be stronger than in model A.
        is utter BS. The actual concentration trajectory was slightly below scen B. Got anything other than a farcical blog post from someone's imagination?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/simp...hansen-88.html

I thought you guys were 'sceptical;'? I'll start you off

Comparing climate projections to observations up to 2011 - IOPscience
        Last edited by pjclarke; 21 January 2014, 20:34.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

..ah now lets see what's in the news. Here's an interesting article.

DEMING: Another year of global cooling - Washington Times

Oh deat the year seems to have got off to a bad start...
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            ..ah now lets see what's in the news. Here's an interesting article.

DEMING: Another year of global cooling - Washington Times

Oh deat the year seems to have got off to a bad start...
            I thought in North America it was very cold?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              a bad year from the perspective of a "Warmist"...
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It is.
                And now the catastrophists have a problem. They are forced to claim that the cooling is caused by the warming.

and the warming is caused by the warming.

I suppose 'the pause' , where there is no warming or cooling, must also be caused by the warming
                maybe pj has a few links
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X