• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rediscovering Tradtional Food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Do you make them yourself?

I'm just wondering how to explain caul to my local butcher.
    Yep. But not with caul.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yep.
      Do you use caul to bind them?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yep. But not with caul.
        Ah!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Ah!
          That sort of thing goes into kroketten and frikadel, which, as you know, I avoid like the plague. Not because there's caul in them, but because they taste revolting.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That sort of thing goes into kroketten and frikadel, which, as you know, I avoid like the plague. Not because there's caul in them, but because they taste revolting.
            Have never eaten them myself and never intend to, have found a local place though that makes their own bitterballen, so normally this time of year is Hert or Hazen ( lekker).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
              I certainly remember (as will anyone over the age of 40) that the school dinner menu (I use the word loosely as it implies choice - this was before the current cafeteria system. There was no choice. You had to eat what you were given) certainly still had a "post war austerity" feel to it with plenty of offal, root vegetables and suet puddings. All things that I've had a strong aversion to for the whole of my adult life thanks to the bad culinary standards and the poor quality of the ingredients associated with school dinners.
              All served up by Lunch Lady Doris....

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                overlong load of crap
                Have we figured out who this tedious sockie is yet?

I'm starting to think that Gentile might be a good shout

Comment

Yep, a regular on the menu at Tester Towers. I prefer beetroot to peas though. (I sink zis may be a Germanic ettribute end a srowbeck to ze days our family voz called 'von Tester'. Many of my Germanic traits vere reavakend by my relationship viz Lady Tester.)
                  Holy crap, you're fluent

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

NL food is generally crap actually; no need to be tactful about it for me!
                    Can't be that bad: Netherlands is country with most plentiful, healthy food: Oxfam | Reuters
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X