• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rediscovering Tradtional Food"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    NL food is generally crap actually; no need to be tactful about it for me!
    Can't be that bad: Netherlands is country with most plentiful, healthy food: Oxfam | Reuters

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yep, a regular on the menu at Tester Towers. I prefer beetroot to peas though. (I sink zis may be a Germanic ettribute end a srowbeck to ze days our family voz called 'von Tester'. Many of my Germanic traits vere reavakend by my relationship viz Lady Tester.)
    Holy crap, you're fluent

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    overlong load of crap
    Have we figured out who this tedious sockie is yet?

I'm starting to think that Gentile might be a good shout

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    I certainly remember (as will anyone over the age of 40) that the school dinner menu (I use the word loosely as it implies choice - this was before the current cafeteria system. There was no choice. You had to eat what you were given) certainly still had a "post war austerity" feel to it with plenty of offal, root vegetables and suet puddings. All things that I've had a strong aversion to for the whole of my adult life thanks to the bad culinary standards and the poor quality of the ingredients associated with school dinners.
    All served up by Lunch Lady Doris....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    That sort of thing goes into kroketten and frikadel, which, as you know, I avoid like the plague. Not because there's caul in them, but because they taste revolting.
    Have never eaten them myself and never intend to, have found a local place though that makes their own bitterballen, so normally this time of year is Hert or Hazen ( lekker).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Ah!
    That sort of thing goes into kroketten and frikadel, which, as you know, I avoid like the plague. Not because there's caul in them, but because they taste revolting.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yep. But not with caul.
    Ah!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yep.
    Do you use caul to bind them?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Do you make them yourself?

I'm just wondering how to explain caul to my local butcher.
    Yep. But not with caul.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    And peanut butter!
    or kip sate

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yep, a regular on the menu at Tester Towers. I prefer beetroot to peas though. (I sink zis may be a Germanic ettribute end a srowbeck to ze days our family voz called 'von Tester'. Many of my Germanic traits vere reavakend by my relationship viz Lady Tester.)
    Do you make them yourself?

I'm just wondering how to explain caul to my local butcher.

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Corned
    Is Minestrone increasing in popularity too?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Damon View Post
    A good corn beef hash is a treat.

Corned

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Faggots, peas & onion gravy.

Mmmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Accompanied by fried eggs and bread of course.

I think 'interesting' is being kind.
    And peanut butter!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X