• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to the rep system!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I never worked out how the first rep system worked.
    Fick twat
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      No dislike!!! Where's the neg rep!!!
      Oh it's still there. (But only in General).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No dislike!!! Where's the neg rep!!!
        Must be somewhere:

MarillionFan is on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Fick twat.
          Found it. Be back in a minute.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Found it. Be back in a minute.
            Sadly, your rep appears to be a grey colour.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              So what the logic of having Like and Thanks? Shirley having both is redundant?
              It means that reputation is split out of the business areas of the forum. Some of the professional people who strayed into General and were given a rep title of "I am suit'y mattress" or "I am a confirmed cretin" did not go down too well

So there is now a visible display in General and the prof forums as to how well received a poster is via the thanks and likes only. So no negative connotations in those areas at all (apart from NLUK's posts to psychocandy but that's another matter) - just whether people have been thanked or their posts liked. In time this should be a good indication of who is giving good advice.

The rep system is still there though and can still be used to neg rep people who are talking shit:e. Their rep title will still show up in General and LR.

Likes and thanks in all forums still contribute to rep score so those of you who are helpful in the professional forums should rise up the rep ranks quicker. I hope...

I am sure I have fuxxed the rep scores and levels again in some way and I am sure some of you sods will find a way to game / break / beat it so will see how it goes. Hope it lasts longer than the last attempt

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                It means that reputation is split out of the business areas of the forum. Some of the professional people who strayed into General and were given a rep title of "I am suit'y mattress" or "I am a confirmed cretin" did not go down too well

So there is now a visible display in General and the prof forums as to how well received a poster is via the thanks and likes only. So no negative connotations in those areas at all (apart from NLUK's posts to psychocandy but that's another matter) - just whether people have been thanked or their posts liked. In time this should be a good indication of who is giving good advice.

The rep system is still there though and can still be used to neg rep MF. Their rep title will still show up in General and LR.

Likes and thanks in all forums still contribute to rep score so those of you who are helpful in the professional forums should rise up the rep ranks quicker. I hope...

I am sure I have fuxxed the rep scores and levels again in some way and I am sure some of you sods will find a way to game / break / beat it so will see how it goes. Hope it lasts longer than the last attempt
                FTFY
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

The rep system is still there though and can still be used to neg rep people who are talking tulipe. Their rep title will still show up in General and LR.

Are likes/thanks in the Prof forums weighted more than in say LR?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    So what the logic of having Like and Thanks? Shirley having both is redundant?
                    Think about real life. If someone tells a joke you might say "I like that" but not "thankyou". If someone buys you a pint, the opposite.

I think the new system is fine, except it adds even more vertical padding between posts, as well as signatures. Is there a way to minimise this? At least get it on a single line like "X people like this; Y people thanked d000hg for this amazing post"?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Think about real life. If someone tells a joke you might say "I like that" but not "thankyou". If someone buys you a pint, the opposite.

I think the new system is fine, except it adds even more vertical padding between posts, as well as signatures. Is there a way to minimise this? At least get it on a single line like "X people like this; Y people thanked d000hg for this amazing post"?

It's too complicated. I'm going back to bed. Zzzzz.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X