• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst contractor you have ever worked with or heard about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap turned up on the second week reeking of booze. When he was caught swigging from half bottle of whisky at about 10 in the morning a couple of days later, he was advised to go home, and not come back.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'd personally not take the risk.

Currently we bin any CV if the person lives in Wales. Its better to be safe rather than sorry and as David Brent would say unlucky.....
      To work in McD with you - no thanks.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        To work in McD with you - no thanks.
        Nope. Someone on here outed my current client Co yesterday it's not a burger joint. In fact the nearest one of those is a 10 mile round trip from here
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          This one guy I worked with was an utter twunt. Wasn't a contractor at the time though he is now. He was a test manager too co-incidentally. I smile to think about him though because he was a big fat mess and this was his downfall. We worked on the 7th floor and the canteen was in the basement. One day he arrived and announced he was going to cash in his shares, but was off for a bacon sarnie first because the share scheme girls were useless and he'd be hanging on the phone for ages. About 40 minutes later he returns with a face like beetroot after having to walk back cos the lifts had broken. When he gets through he finds the share price has plummeted in the first hour of trading (this was bank shares in 2007) and he's now left with the coldest and most expensive bacon buttie in history.
          I was going to put you down for this BDI, but you were a permmie when I worked with you
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I was going to put you down for this BDI, but you were a permmie when I worked with you
            When our paths cross again you can resurrect the thread.

Comment

When our paths cross again you can resurrect the thread.
              Is that likely to be soon ? Are you returning to your 'old stomping ground' (like every other %!#$) ???

Comment

Is that likely to be soon ? Are you returning to your 'old stomping ground' (like every other %!#$) ???

Not yet. There's a certain inevitability about it though eh?

Comment

Not yet. There's a certain inevitability about it though eh?
                  That's true. Depends if you can find someone to give you a reference

What about that horrible dykey monster ? Did you part on good terms ??

Comment

That's true. Depends if you can find someone to give you a reference

What about that horrible dykey monster ? Did you part on good terms ??
                    I'd need to get in without anyone giving me the reference though eh?

Funny you should mention her. I got a facebook request off of her just this week. And, more to the point,I hear one of her partners in crime is now PM-ing in another part of the business. Like I say, it's inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Shirley someone mentioned it to him? What did he say when he was asked to improve his personal hygiene?
                      What makes you think s/he had a personal hygene problem ?

Boo

Comment

Working...
                      X