• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rise of the slow driving early morning commuter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Only problem here is the OP
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      +1 unfortunately while I imagine him as a combination of Victor Meldrew and Frank Spencer I can't quite marry up the accurate image of 100% Victor Meldrew with 100% Frank Spencer.....
      Funny cos I think of both you and NLUK as a combination of Roland off Grange Hill and the kid with the squeeky voice off the disney film (?)
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Funny cos I think of both you and NLUK as a combination of Roland off Grange Hill and the kid with the squeeky voice off the disney film (?)
        You've got the wrong poster there. MF's former career was as a child actor......
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          The sad story of the guy was just an illustration of what can go wrong when people perceive you are pulling their chains. His demise was down to him slowing down because there was a child in the car (the thugs in question took that to mean He stamped on his brakes to piss them off) The rest was grim. We know this because thats what he told his wife before he went to bed with a headache when he got home...

Tailgating is also a subjective issue. There are clearly the tossers that now all seem to have moved from BMW to Audi's and just seem to like to be able to read the serial numbers on your number plate. But theres also the situations where even with your foot off the accelerator, your car ticks over faster than the car in front of you. You can't pull back from them because you would need to engage reverse to do so!

Also after using radar controlled cruise control for a few months, I can see why certain people start to dial the distance setting down to minimum settings because if you are doing 80 in the outside lane with the distance set at 75 foot from the car in front all of a sudden you find loads of muppets diving into your gap at 65mph
          I had that exact issue with radar cruise - someone would fill the gap and the radar cruise would stand on the brakes :-)

oh and
          But theres also the situations where even with your foot off the accelerator, your car ticks over faster than the car in front of you. You can't pull back from them because you would need to engage reverse to do so!
          That doesn't make a lot of sense to me - what sort of speeds are you talking about?
          Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 10 January 2014, 16:27.

Comment

You've got the wrong poster there. MF's former career was as a child actor......
            IIRC the judge actually said that he had been impersonating a child on-line.

Comment

IIRC, he was the fat kid on the roller coaster on Jim'll Fix It.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I wrote to him in the early 80s with my scout troop. We did a funny thing having a picnic on a roller coaster , it got shown and I still have my badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                That doesn't make a lot of sense to me - what sort of speeds are you talking about?
                Our Discovery 3 can do about 30 Mph on tick over if you use the manual gear selection on the auto gearbox. There's also the problem that a Kia will go up the Mendips at 20mph but a 2 tonne v8 wants a better run up than that…

Comment

Our Discovery 3 can do about 30 Mph on tick over if you use the manual gear selection on the auto gearbox. There's also the problem that a Kia will go up the Mendips at 20mph but a 2 tonne v8 wants a better run up than that…
                  Still doesn't make sense. Presumably it's not 30mph in first gear however you have selected it (auto or manual).

As for the second - the idea you couldn't get a V8 Disco to go uphill at any damn speed (as fast or slow as you like) is laughable.

Comment

Back to the thread in question, middle lane plodders on the M25 early morning commute (or any time come to that) Why ???!!!

Comment

Weight of their foot

driveway to motorway 40mph.

It is the weight of peoples(pensioners) feet when driving an automatic.

As for motorway driving, there is too much freight and too much car traffic sharing the road.

Makes it impossible to drive correctly, merging back into the slow lane etc.

When motorways were invented most cars would never get to 70. Now everyone and his dog can go faster.

Its why you have a long queue in the fast lane from jnc 12 M6 all the way to haydock.

Comment

Working...
                      X