• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This forum is becoming a cesspit of incest and inbreeding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I just treat joining new forums like finding new territory in the wild - that's why I walked in, pissed in the corner and picked a fight with a regular.
    Me too - I just walked in with a cello case, but what the regulars didn't know while they were taking the mick was it contained a gatling gun and a 2000 round clip.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      when I first came here CUK was aplace full of ideas, discussions , laughs and the occasional bit of needle.
      Then it went to talking about events and house prices and celebs.
      Now its all about people and slagging them off

maybe thats the way all fora go
      The problem is that general is a bear pit of regulars who visit to insult others for fun and probably insulted in return.

I did suggest to Admin a while back that general should be renamed and a new general forum eventually created with the same rules as the other professional forums....

That would make the site less forbidding while still giving the regulars somewhere to insult suity / MF
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The problem is that general is a bear pit of regulars who visit to insult others for fun and probably insulted in return.

I did suggest to Admin a while back that general should be renamed and a new general forum eventually created with the same rules as the other professional forums....

That would make the site less forbidding while still giving the regulars somewhere to insult suity / MF
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

when I first came here CUK was aplace full of ideas, discussions , laughs and the occasional bit of needle.
          Then it went to talking about events and house prices and celebs.
          Now its all about people and slagging them off

maybe thats the way all fora go

When you first start out its all excitement and new with possibilities galore, then you start to succeed and are interested in saving, properties and shares, then you get responsibilities / tied down & the opportunities diminish and then eventually you,ve been there, got the t-shirt and think everyone is a twat.

You twat.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            When you first start out its all excitement and new with possibilities galore, then you start to succeed and are interested in saving, properties and shares, then you get responsibilities / tied down & the opportunities diminish and then eventually you,ve been there, got the t-shirt and think everyone is a twat.

You twat.
            I thought you were sick
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If anyone is upset or unhappy about posts they should report them.

That's what the Report button is for.

(Ignore the cries of 'Sneak/Splitter' - those posters are generally the ones keen on keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I thought you were sick
                There's levels to that statement EO.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

(Ignore the cries of 'Sneak/Splitter' - those posters are generally the ones keen on keeping the status quo. Whatever they want....)
                    People actually use the report post button

Comment

Grass.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X