• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking immigration hysteria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    On a more serious note, balance of risk and cost is an impossible thing to do. Many say that the reluctance of some parents to let their kids take risks, like climb trees, is actually contributing to physical and mental problems. Exercise is good for you but sometimes it can actually cause strokes or heart attacks. What is the exact line in any individual? "Extreme sports" should be risky but, given all the precautions, one is probably safer doing one of those than climbing a rickety ladder to clean the gutters.
    Nearly everyone I know who does regular exercise has had related injuries. Mine have been minor - 1 x broken elbow and a bit of physio on my hip, but most people I know who do regular sport have had at least one exercise related operation.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      They add up the amount of income tax paid by the new entrants, throw in the amount the foreign super rich bring in and then count that as a gain.

They however ignore any tax credits, benefits and social costs from the locals being displaced or the different status the immigrants have (e.g. WFTC eligibility or social housing eligibility).

If you compare me to a chap in Africa I'm rich beyond his wildest dreams, if you compare me to Richard Branson I'm not that well off. Pick your figures to support your argument.
      I agree with you reicking figures to suit.

And indeed the super rich probably do bring a lot of money into the economy. However, the average immigrant does not add anything. They work within the economy that exists already. Indeed, many send money out of the country and hence take from the economy.

As for competing against migrants based upon rate, from experience, and this is mainly with Bobs, those that intend to stay in the country indefinitely want the same money as I do. The ones who are happy with lower rates have made no secret that their intention is to take as much money back home after 3-5 years, where they will effectively be rich.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I'm a British citizen yet I haven't paid any NI contributions nor tax in 25 years in the UK and previously I only paid around 5 years worth, does this apply to me?
        It should do
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well it's January the third and I must admit I have not yet seen a Bulgarian. But in all fairness, I have only been in Bulgaria for three days.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Indeed, many send money out of the country and hence take from the economy.
            What happens to those Great British Pounds then?

Comment

Ha, Ha, Ha - you couldn't make it up!

Romanian migrant treated by Keith Vaz 'is drug user who beat up girlfriend' | Mail Online

Romanian migrant treated to Costa Coffee by Keith Vaz is accused of being a drug user who beat up his girlfriend and threatened to drown her
              Victor Spirescu 'met up with his ex-girlfriend in a park and attacked her'
              Reports say the Romanian was fined by a court and ordered to pay compensation
              He was greeted at Luton Airport by MPs when he arrived in the country on New Year's Day after labour marker restrictions were eased
              Migrant now works in a car park next to an Aldi store in Bedfordshire
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X