• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Still going - anyone else?
    Epic fail here.

But I have reduced my drinking. I was and still am determined to do that.

I'm down to 6 days a week now, with only light drinking on the 7th

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Still going - anyone else?
      Yep, met up with a mate yesterday and had a couple of tonic and limes. This Sunday is Australia Day though so that will be a bigger test. Might just avoid it completely since drunken Aussies are bad enough when you're drunk, but when you're sober? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I'm down to 6 days a week now, with only light drinking on the 7th
        I think you're onto something here. Wouldn't a dry Monday and Tuesday etc (all year round) be more effective and more achieveable?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I think you're onto something here. Wouldn't a dry Monday and Tuesday etc (all year round) be more effective and more achieveable?
          Actually, and seriously, I'm dry each Monday and Thursday and have been for 15 months now.

I sleep well and wake up exhilarated.

On the drinking days that is

Comment

I've been permanently pissed since January 1st. I shouldn't really be driving these days.....
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Well done.

(Seriously, I'm impressed!)
              It really shouldn't be that impressive not to drink for 3 weeks! He says, drinking every day...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A few years back I did two days a week off - lasted till June, so much more doable.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  A few years back I did two days a week off - lasted till June, so much more doable.
                  When working I try not to drink Mon-Thurs but do like my booze at the weekends.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I only drink at the pub or at social events but I rarely get the chance to as I usually drive.

I can easily go a month or two without alcohol without noticing, is this unusual?

Although I cannot go without caffeine. I go through 1 cup of tea when I get up, 4 cups of coffee a day at work and at least 2 cups of tea when I go home. I have been stranded without it before for almost a day and the effects were horrible.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Yep, met up with a mate yesterday and had a couple of tonic and limes. This Sunday is Australia Day though so that will be a bigger test. Might just avoid it completely since drunken Aussies are bad enough when you're drunk, but when you're sober? No thanks.
                      No bunkitis??????
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X