• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultimately, the only thing stopping ALL of our work being offshored is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Homoerotic suity worship
    As much as I'd like to swap tall tales with a tedious socky I have other threads to attend to.

There's always Mumsnet.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You can believe me or not. That's your choice.

Shame you couldn't stick to the topic and contribute rather than trying to turn it into a slanging match.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        You can believe me or not. That's your choice.

Shame you couldn't stick to the topic and contribute rather than trying to turn it into a slanging match.
        Forum: General
        All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.
        HTH

Comment

One of the main reasons I have found is that middle managment muppet who is way out of his/her depth in IT projects are more than happy to spit their dummy out, shout and generally be rude as ***** on the phone to Bob in Bangalore and Vlad in Romania

However face to face they simply do not have the skills or balls to work with equals who have an opinion and often more experience.

But yes the whole 'it's cheaper/better to offshore' point is being eroded as finally senior execs are waking up to what most IT professionals have known for years - IT is a legitimate profession and should be considered in the same breath as careers in Law, Accounting etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            One of the main reasons I have found is that middle managment muppet who is way out of his/her depth in IT projects are more than happy to spit their dummy out, shout and generally be rude as ***** on the phone to Bob in Bangalore and Vlad in Romania

However face to face they simply do not have the skills or balls to work with equals who have an opinion and often more experience.

But yes the whole 'it's cheaper/better to offshore' point is being eroded as finally senior execs are waking up to what most IT professionals have known for years - IT is a legitimate profession and should be considered in the same breath as careers in Law, Accounting etc etc.
            Your not one of these cravat wearing design pattern types are you?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Your not one of these cravat wearing design pattern types are you?
              erm nope!

are you?

Comment

erm nope!

are you?
                Certainly not. I'm a stuff doer. Can't sit around all day pondering pretty patterns.

Comment

it is possible to be a thinker and a doer you know.....

not always mutually exclusive

in fact having great ideas is fine but if you cannot take that idea and turn it into a reality it ain't worth jack

Comment

it is possible to be a thinker and a doer you know.....

not always mutually exclusive

in fact having great ideas is fine but if you cannot take that idea and turn it into a reality it ain't worth jack
                    Like java devs?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Certainly not. I'm a stuff doer. Can't sit around all day pondering pretty patterns.
                      No you need to annoy the client in such a way that they enforce a 1 month break while they get the systems back up and running again
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X