• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Tyres?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put some Nankang Hedgefinders on my car recently and had them delivered from Deutschland for £116 for the pair. 205/50/ZR17 for front.

I took off (and have kept) the Bridgestone S02A N4's which are part worn but I wanted to see what the "budget" tyres are like. So far, so good...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Only Y rating, you must have a slow car. A real car has (Y) and is allowed to use them legally
      Y is meant for vehicles that won't exceed 300 km/h...

Comment

Potenza's are very good when new, once half worn not so good.

It's something to do with the blocks moving about and creating heat/grip, this becomes less effective as they wear.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Just get a few tree stumps. No more punctures.

Comment

check out the prices and reviews at blackcircles.com

Comment

Last few years I've used Falkin ze914. Last forever and great in rain
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Potenza's are very good when new, once half worn not so good.

It's something to do with the blocks moving about and creating heat/grip, this becomes less effective as they wear.
                Had a pair of Potenzas - changed 'em for Michelins but to be fair to the Bridgstones, they were well worn when I got the car, so not really a good guide - most tyres are rubbish when they're all but worn out.

Comment

Bridgestones are the way. Unless that is you want wet weather performance, longevity or ride quality, but for handling and Performance I wouldn't have anything else.

You can probably get Re002 in that size.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    most tyres are rubbish when they're all but worn out.
                    No tulip - if they were still good enough then it would not be called "worn out"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 285/30 R19 Y...
                      Do NOT buy these - they came with my RX-8 when I bought it and they lasted around 5 months. Reviews aren't that good either.

I've just replaced them with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta XL's. Not cheap at £120 each, but reviews are good and they do stick to the road like sh1t!
                      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                      X