• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Tyres?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What car is it?

As said a good choice of premium tyres there. It never ceases to amaze me how people scrimp on the very thing that keeps you alive!

Conti's a re good, I am running Sport Contact 3s atm and very happy with them in the wet.

The best road tyre I have every used on saloon/estate car is the Michelin Pilot Sports but it is reflected in the cost.

My experience is car model and weight are important factors in choice too.

Comment

Most important part of the car, def not worth penny pinching. I've had contis and michelins on my cars, always been happy with them. I had some avon ones once, they were total tulip.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Most important part of the car, def not worth penny pinching. I've had contis and michelins on my cars, always been happy with them. I had some avon ones once, they were total tulip.
        Contis seem to be good, is there much difference between the contact 2 and contact 5?

Comment

I've taken to fitting Barum Bravuris on my Audi. They're the mid-price range from Continental and seem to last well and be comfortable, and stopping is fine. Best deal I've found is from National via their eBay site - especially good discount if you get two or more at a time (although it varies from time to time).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Contis seem to be good, is there much difference between the contact 2 and contact 5?
            I tend to look at this site to get an overall feel for how the tyre is like from others
            Join IPSE

Comment

That reminds me it's always worth checking with ATS as they are owned by Michelin. They run 4 for price of 3 offer on Mich's regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Don't know TBH, have you checked their website?

I had Eco Contact, but I don't think they had a number on as well. It was a while ago.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You're the definition of a chav - someone who spends more on his car than his house (we're talking owning here)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 285/30 R19 Y...
                    Only Y rating, you must have a slow car. A real car has (Y) and is allowed to use them legally
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I recently bought 4x Avon ZV5's from Car Tyres Online | Brakes | Exhausts | Batteries | Tracking & more cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

Tyres last 40,000 miles for me these days as 95% of my journeys are on the motorway.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X