• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone explain the appeal of shows like Strictly Come Dancing and XFactor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ! There's a Xmas special?!?!? FFS!

I'm over with the family at Xmas. I suppose there'll be an hours worth of non-rowing about religion and politics so I can read my kindle in peace while they stare at the big screen in silence.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Can't believe no-one has mentioned the Peter Kay piss-take, this was absolute genius and in a strange parody of the whole genre, the single released sold huge numbers !!
      Just perfect, judges, family illness, the groups, lionel blair,all the cliches, even Cat Deeley losing it was fantastic.
      KUATB : http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1860674
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I love strictly, hot women in skimpy dresses shaking their bits about, what's not to like? Especially the bit when they jog up the stairs just before the scores.

Not a fan of the other bile the OP mentioned.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Can't believe no-one has mentioned the Peter Kay piss-take, this was absolute genius and in a strange parody of the whole genre, the single released sold huge numbers !!
          Just perfect, judges, family illness, the groups, lionel blair,all the cliches, even Cat Deeley losing it was fantastic.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

2 up 2 down
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                2 up 2 down

Comment

is also a claasic!

Comment

As I say to the missus; "I wouldn't let these people in through the front door, so they're not bloody sneaking in through the telly".
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      As I say to the missus; "I wouldn't let these people in through the front door, so they're not bloody sneaking in through the telly".

Except for Tulisa, she is welcome anytime with her bags of class As and her dirty ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X