• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smug again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Taking a lady (in the loosest possible sense) to see it tonight, am watching the first one as we speak and am very disappointed by it.

Think the best i can hope for is the popcorn trick
    You mean cutting a hole in the bottom of the box?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I sort of agree - the Hobbit was 1 book and LOTR was 3 - so why is the Hobbit not 1 film while LOTR was 3??

well yes Money but why pad it out with sh*t not true to the book

oh yeah money - I get it...

:sigh:
      I don't think the extra stuff is necessarily untrue to Tolkien, it's just not in the book. I believe (although it's been a long time since I read it) that there's stuff about the Necromancer etc in the appendices and possibly in some other sources.

Comment

I had a big issue with the Goblintown bits.
        It seems like they cut corners and rushed through some parts of the story there, then extended and drew out less important bits. I can't remember the details, only my annoyance at the time.

I was annoyed by stupid little changes too, like having Bilbo lose his buttons in the corridor, rather than when squeezing through the door, just so that they could put a little action sequence in... what a load of bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          You mean cutting a hole in the bottom of the box?
          Surely it's less of surprise when you are on your own.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Saw it last night. The first one, I was relieved when it ended; with this one, I was sorry it ended. I found it much more entertaining and engaging than the first one.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The first one was a load of bull jizz.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                There's no need to be anal about it.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

turd
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

i thought it was great once i'd let go of being precious about the book. (bilbo losing his ring, bombur not getting a dunking, kili falling for an elf maiden, all the running about under the mountain etc.) still, the second half was terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      I don't think the extra stuff is necessarily untrue to Tolkien, it's just not in the book. I believe (although it's been a long time since I read it) that there's stuff about the Necromancer etc in the appendices and possibly in some other sources.
                      The stuff about Azog was what annoyed me most about the last one. Trying to set up some great good vs evil battle that just wasn't there in the book and is superfluous to the story. I did enjoy the film to an extent, but it was marred by the unnecessary changes.

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                      i thought it was great once i'd let go of being precious about the book. (bilbo losing his ring, bombur not getting a dunking, kili falling for an elf maiden, all the running about under the mountain etc.) still, the second half was terrific.
                      You can't let go of being precious about the book! Sounds like I am going to be really peed off when I watch the next one if they make that many changes

Comment

Working...
                      X