• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunchtime at client site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I eat, sleep and have sex on my desk.
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I'm sure the cleaning lady appreciates this. Especially if she's participating the third activity.
    Maybe she's participating in the second while MF does his best at the third.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I eat, sleep and have sex on my desk.

And all three, I'll wager, will be solo activities
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        OKEY!
        Might be worse if someone from client sees you dressed up...

Of course, for this sort of thing, need shower etc at client. Or just turn up in pm buzzing... :-)
        Various people from the client site have seen me. I used to do a mile long run up and down the road outside in full armour. A couple of people came over and asked what I was doing.

I also had people now and then come over when I was sledge dragging or doing farmer's walks and ask what I was training for. One guy jokingly complained that I was distracting the women in his office!

There is no shower here so I use a sink in the disabled toilets to make myself human again!
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Various people from the client site have seen me. I used to do a mile long run up and down the road outside in full armour. A couple of people came over and asked what I was doing.

I also had people now and then come over when I was sledge dragging or doing farmer's walks and ask what I was training for. One guy jokingly complained that I was distracting the women in his office!

There is no shower here so I use a sink in the disabled toilets to make myself human again!
          Don't think my sweaty balls would fit in the sink!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Well, that is not a complaint that the maintenance team have had to deal with here.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

When I started they accidently gave me an "employee card" which meant I got a free £5 lunch allowance every day. Even though I had the free allowance I didn't eat in the canteen because I'm fussy. I usually just go out for a nice spirited drive at 12PM and come back at 1PM or 1:30PM.

I also have no interest in hanging around with the permies even though they keep asking me to go out with them to lunches, dinners, parties etc.

Comment

Last place I was at had no end of stuff to spend lunchtime, onsite Costa's, pretty damn good canteen, very good food and massively subsidised, plus there (amazingly) was no pub culture whatsoever, despite a boozer being next door to the site. The buildings were set in forested area so extensive gardens/benches during summer. Not uncommon to see some fit babes from Marketing/HR stretched out in shorts/t-shirts, mmmmm...

The place had a mini-library where people dumped off old books they'd read, still have half a dozen or so I've not even finished.

Comment

Two pubs literally 2 mins away here.

Last place no pub within about 3 miles.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You should probably visit a doctor about that.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not a real contractor yet, but my permie job sees me in the same position on client sites 80%+ of the time. I totally agree with the assertion that leaving early always seems to look "bad" no matter what your actual hours worked are, so I always take a full lunch break and get away from the desk where possible. I've been working on site for years, so I'm pretty happy to go and sit by myself somewhere (Cafe, car, bench at the park) and tap on my phone for a bit.

Maybe the permie/contractor divide is a bigger gulf than I'm expecting, but I don't really mind lunching with others occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X