• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know Britain is becoming poorer, the people broke, when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just means Lidl sees the UK as a market with potential.

Lidle are one of the biggest supermarket chains in Europe, not some bargain basement operation like Iceland.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It just means Lidl sees the UK as a market with potential.

Lidle are one of the biggest supermarket chains in Europe, not some bargain basement operation like Iceland.
      Which I also shop at (the shop, not the country) for their awesome platters.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

When in Wandsworth I used to go to Lidl for certain stuff: their £5 Prosecco was excellent, as was the packaged salmon.
        Meat and other alcohol was tulipe quality though.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm surprised to read so many posters admitting to

defending that they shop in no-frills stores.

I notice another Waitrose in Edinburgh last time I up. Mehh
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            The collapse is going to be painful when it happens. What will Britons do when twelve varieties of liver Patti are replaced by a no-frills all in one Patti?
            as a country we should become more productive as we stop focusing on the things that are not important and start focusing on those that are.

probably

Comment

They do some low fat nurnburger sausages that are as good as the ones I used to buy in Germany.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                as a country we should become more productive as we stop focusing on the things that are not important and start focusing on those that are.

probably

Is this an excuse for anything outside London to be crap?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Waitrose is also one of the few supermarkets where its cheaper to buy branded items than it is to buy own-brand. Thats just how far up their own arse they are.
                  Yeah but you can get John Lewis to deliver goods to Waitrose for your convenience, also no other supermaket does Jaipur IPA.

We don't buy our weekly shop in there but it's good when you want a treat.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Is this an excuse for anything outside London to be crap?
                    fooook knows

have not been to London for a while

north west is quite nice though

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      They do some low fat nurnburger sausages that are the same as the ones I used to buy in Germany.
                      ftfy
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X