• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not recommended for rehire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I had that from a manager once. As soon as they knew that my contract was at an end and I was coming available, no less than four other managers at the same client bid for me, knowing my work. One prat manager doesn't really matter and the other managers ignored it.

Comment

Cheers Mich you've got it spot on there, the guy is a prat and that's the only thing he can do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

I was asked if I'd take on some work for a former employer - but entirely different department from where I had worked. It was all going through smoothly, then my former boss's boss spotted my name and refused to sign the purchase order (his only role in the whole process was authorising the purchase order). The project managers were furious with him. According to the idiot manager I was on a "global blacklist". Which is probably not the case.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X