• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Doodab's liver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit disgraceful they are taking so long to diagnose you, 10 days ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      It's a bit disgraceful they are taking so long to diagnose you, 10 days ago now.
      10 days? He's been feeling ill for two years...

Comment

Possibly you watch too much Star Trek. They don't just stick a blood sample in a box which whirs and spits out a diagnosis. And treatment isn't always a matter of "you have X, so have some Y".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Possibly you watch too much Star Trek. They don't just stick a blood sample in a box which whirs and spits out a diagnosis. And treatment isn't always a matter of "you have X, so have some Y".
          No not much Star Trek. I watch House though, he diagnoses much quicker.

Comment

No not much Star Trek. I watch House though, he diagnoses much quicker.
            And the smartest man in the world gets it wrong at least 3 times, nearly killing the patient each time, before stumbling on the right answer
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd disagree. They have been pretty timely with tests, since I was admitted I haven't had to wait more than a few hours for any non invasive procedure, and both ops were scheduled promptly and happened on time.

They have identified where the fluid is coming from, just waiting on biopsy results to find out which sort of cancer I have so further tests and treatment can be planned. In the meantime I'm being monitored and tended to 24/7.

I've actually asked them to hold off further any further exploratory scans and probes for a bit while I recover from being cut open (only keyhole but with a lot of bruising and swelling cos of the biopsies and one lump being completely removed) and I'm pleased they have respected my wishes.

About the only improvement I'd suggest is having more staff per patient, not because they aren't doing their job well, but being more or less totally lucid I can see how hard they work and it's hard to imagine that doesn't lead to burn out eventually.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I'd disagree. They have been pretty timely with tests, since I was admitted I haven't had to wait more than a few hours for any non invasive procedure, and both ops were scheduled promptly and happened on time.

They have identified where the fluid is coming from, just waiting on biopsy results to find out which sort of cancer I have so further tests and treatment can be planned. In the meantime I'm being monitored and tended to 24/7.

I've actually asked them to hold off further any further exploratory scans and probes for a bit while I recover from being cut open (only keyhole but with a lot of bruising and swelling cos of the biopsies and one lump being completely removed) and I'm pleased they have respected my wishes.

About the only improvement I'd suggest is having more staff per patient, not because they aren't doing their job well, but being more or less totally lucid I can see how hard they work and it's hard to imagine that doesn't lead to burn out eventually.
                Nurses have always retired 5 years earlier than other NHS staff. It's usually their backs that go first.

Hope it's working out as well as can be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Hope it's working out as well as can be expected.
                  Yeah not too bad considering, they've narrowed it down and eliminated a few really horrible ones.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Yeah not too bad considering, they've narrowed it down and eliminated a few really horrible ones.

Fingers and toes crossed.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Fingers and toes crossed.
                      All 24 of them?

Comment

Working...
                      X