• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this such a bad thing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Logans run had an interesting idea: , it depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching a particular age.
    Woof!

Comment

I am planning to go at around 75, 80 tops.

Comment

Taking emotion out of the equation, DA has a point...
        A lot of people carry on existing long after they get any enjoyment out of life, especially when you chip in the usual crop of illnesses, infirmity of body and mind etc. NOTE - I do not mean all people, many can derive significant pleasure still.
        In addition, the demographic timebomb means we cant afford all these people, especially those who have not had chance to save for the future or didn't bother.
        As with heatwaves in France, you get a bump during these spells but cant help thinking things are slightly accelerated rather than cutting decades off peoples lives.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          A lot of people carry on existing long after they get any enjoyment out of life, especially when you chip in the usual crop of illnesses, infirmity of body and mind etc. NOTE - I do not mean all people, many can derive significant pleasure still.
          In addition, the demographic timebomb means we cant afford all these people, especially those who have not had chance to save for the future or didn't bother.
          As with heatwaves in France, you get a bump during these spells but cant help thinking things are slightly accelerated rather than cutting decades off peoples lives.
          So who gets to decide whether it is worth a person (who has the mental capacity to make a decision) carrying on living?

Comment

it depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching a particular age.
            AND Jenny Agutter taking her top off.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              AND Jenny Agutter taking her top off.
              I see your taking the top off and raise you the shower scene from American Werewolf.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Dunno about that, but I do know I really really don't want to carry on if it means living with increasing disability/mental confusion in some coffin dodger home wearing nappies.
                Getting your morning meds and posting on CUK about whether it's too early for champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Dunno about that, but I do know I really really don't want to carry on if it means living with increasing disability/mental confusion in some coffin dodger home wearing nappies.
                  Grannytester ended up that way. She was only cheered up by Nephewtester smuggling in a bottle of sherry every day.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    A lot of people carry on existing long after they get any enjoyment out of life.
                    For many, that starts in their twenties. Look at the miseries on CUK for instance!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X