• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a student loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It was his £500 a day coke habit that they weren't too happy about.
    Should have stuck to diet coke and he wouldn't be such a fatty.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
      Hmmm. All the banks I spoke to when I graduated ignored the student loan because it was effectively interest free. Maybe you had other question marks on your file, though.
      I saw paying my student loan off a sign of independence from debt. Then I blew a load on drink, drugs & women. The rest I wasted.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I saw paying my student loan off a sign of independence from debt. Then I blew a load on drink, drugs & women. The rest I wasted.
        Giving free money back to your debtor is more a sign of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Or decency. I suspect you view the two as similar.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I saw paying a student loan off early as a sign of financial incompetence.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              Maybe when you haven't got a pot to piss in like your good self, but at the time my pot floweth over.

Comment

I have to say I agree. My cousin worked hard to pay off his student loan when he first graduated and I was like

That 10k you just paid off could have gone towards a house deposit that you spent the next 8 years saving for while the house prices were shooting up in London.....

I always look at my debt as the total of the different parts - I'd rather have more individual debts but be paying less interest to the bank(s).

Comment

+1

Student loan debt went up by inflation so the idea was to delay paying it off if possible and use the money for other things where interest rates were higher.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    +1

Student loan debt went up by inflation so the idea was to delay paying it off if possible and use the money for other things where interest rates were higher.
                    But inflation is higher than interest rates now.

If you think that you're playing the game with Student Loan debt well pat yourself on the back, personally I saw clearing it as a goal to show that I was succeeding & had gone cash positive. Each to their own I suppose.

Comment

But inflation is higher than interest rates now.
                      I used the past tense for a reason.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X