• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Turkey, go towards Antalya, Alanya, Side, look for a hotel run by the stone group, won't be hot but will be warmer than here, they get a lot of Germans and Russians that end, much more civilised and better service
    WHS^ We stayed at the 5* Mirage Park Resort on the strip near Kemer, £400 each for 2 weeks b&b, that was about 15 years ago though.

Couldn't knock the place apart from the £1 a pint when it was 40p just outside, 90% Germans which we we quite liked to be honest.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Ooh interesting options. 24 degrees in Tel Aviv at the moment.

I turned down a gig there once.
      I would never turn a role down there. The Tech environment there is astonishing, never mind the beaches, girls and food.

Easyjet fly to Tel-Aviv from Luton. They do a great package deal around now until Xmas/Channukah
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        I would never turn a role down there. The Tech environment there is astonishing, never mind the beaches, girls and food.

Easyjet fly to Tel-Aviv from Luton. They do a great package deal around now until Xmas/Channukah
        Last role was working with Fundtech Global Mass Pay - the Israeli lads were cock-on, never got on the Tel Aviv jolly tho, that was permies only.

Comment

Quickest, easiest and cheapest option that fulfils all your requirements is the Canary Islands.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I am a bit worn out and I need a holiday. I want to go somewhere quiet, civilised and preferably warm. A hotel with a gym would be a bonus. So would being able to hire a bike, and having things to take photos of.

Any suggestions?
            The Luton Hilton. You can go out cycling with Suity.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              The Luton Jobcentre. You can go out signing-on with Suity.
              FTFY...

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                In that case, she probably went of her own accord.
                Well I thought it worthy of a pj.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X