• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car recommendations - £10k

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damon View Post
    Lease one through Ltd. co?

For example a friend of mine in the trade has just sent me these:

Year end deals with all pricing shown being based off a standard 3 year (6+35) Business (so not personal) contract hire agreement with 10k mile per annum and with 6 payments up front, but other variations of term/mileage (lower or higher)/deposit (lower or higher again) can be calculated if you're serious about ordering a physically available car between now and the year end - colour choice available in most cases.

MINI Cooper D Countryman 5 Door Business Edition, Manual – £229 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes integrated satellite navigation, auto air con, alloy wheels, rear parking sensors, Bluetooth, DAB, Metallic paint, along with the MINI Pepper pack and MINI TLC (service) pack.

BMW 520d M Sport Saloon, Automatic - £350 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes sun protection glass, satellite navigation, xenon headlights, full leather, heated front seats and Bluetooth.

BMW 520d SE Saloon, Automatic - £323 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes satellite navigation, xenon headlights, full leather, heated front seats and Bluetooth.

BMW 520d SE Touring, Automatic - £353 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes satellite navigation, xenon headlights, full leather, heated front seats and Bluetooth.

BMW 116d ED Business Edition, Manual - £249 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes driver comfort pack (rear parking sensors, servotronic steering & cruise control), full leather interior, front heated seats and satellite navigation.

BMW 320d Efficient Dynamics Business Edition Saloon, Manual - £283 per month, Automatic - £297 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes Satellite Navigation, full leather interior, front heated seats, rear parking sensors and Bluetooth

BMW 320d M Sport Saloon, Manual - £324 per month, Automatic - £341 per month (EX VAT)
    320d M Sport Saloon xDrive, Manual - £324 per month, Automatic - £339 per month (EX VAT)
    Includes full leather, front heated seats, satellite navigation, rear parking sensors and Bluetooth.

Also available from stock and available for delivery before the New Year:
    BMW 116d Sport - £256 per month (EX VAT)
    BMW 320d Efficient Dynamics Touring - £292 per month (EX VAT)
    BMW 320d M Sport Touring xDrive - £352 per month (EX VAT)
    Doesn't this have complicated and expensive BIK liabilities?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've been looking with pretty much the same wants as the OP.

My short-list:

BMW 1 series, class leading driving experience but I can only find 118d's when I want a 120d at sensible money.
      BMW 3 series, same as above but more expensive.
      Civic, cracking value + great engine but clutch and ride issues putting me off a bit.
      Golf/Leon, great all-rounders but VAG diesels do have weak points that are expensive to fix, TSI may be an option.
      Merc C-Class (new shape) can be had which surprised me but unbelievably I'm hearing they have rust issues.
      Pug 508, looks good but what will be worth in 3 years?
      Mondeo, good but fugly inside and out.

There's nothing wrong with my Mazda 6 other than it being a petrol variant which isn't ideal when doing 30,000 miles a year, may just stick with that for now as I just can't find something I'm 100% happy with.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Seat Exeo? Had a few rental ones (diesel) and always nice to drive and quite quick as well.

Nice one on AT at the mo with leather int.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I'll stick a fridge in it for you
          Pimp my ride?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Am just looking myself and found the same. Bugger.. Sorry about that.

You do start getting in to the realms of a 5 or 6 year old 5 series BMW as well which will go forever. Obviously that will start a heated debate as they have every time it's brought up lol. Far too big for me, as was the A6. They are like bloody barges compared to the family car but should go forever and don't lose as much on depreciation as the family ones.

Something like this...

BMW 5 SERIES 525d SE 4dr Auto 2.5 ONE OWNER FSH TWO KEYS

I personally wouldn't go for an A4 either. Paying a premium as everyone looks at them in this range I reckon.
            I'll be switching from a 3 series so no problem with BM's. Liking the look of this:

Audi A4 2.0 TDI 143 SE 4dr Multitronic Diesel Saloon
            Last edited by Jog On; 15 November 2013, 15:54.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

If you buy at auction a lot more cars come into your price range. I was at bca brighouse yesterday, lots of low milage ex fleet cars going under the hammer for not a lot.

Look for the one owner full service history models and you can't go far wrong.

I'll be back there on Tuesday to continue my search for much the same as you, but must also be 4x4. I'm not worried about the milage as much though, I'd go up to 75k if it has a fsh.

I'm going to put my '08 a4 avant (s line 2.0 tdi with nav and Bluetooth prep, 84k miles) into the auction after I've bought. Probably get £6500 for it (it's a bit ropey with a few dents and scratches, but has fsh and goes like a train, but I need a 4x4) paid £10500 for it June 2011 at bca, a saving of 3k over the retail price

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I'll be switching from a 3 series so no problem with BM's. Liking the look of this:

If you are looking at audi you may find the top of the range Skoda (the Laurin + Klement model) has a better interior. I know it did for the 2006/7 models

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI PD Laurin + Klement 5dr DSG ONE OWNER/FULL SERVICE HISTORY
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  If you buy at auction a lot more cars come into your price range. I was at bca brighouse yesterday, lots of low milage ex fleet cars going under the hammer for not a lot.

Look for the one owner full service history models and you can't go far wrong.

I'll be back there on Tuesday to continue my search for much the same as you, but must also be 4x4. I'm not worried about the milage as much though, I'd go up to 75k if it has a fsh.

I'm going to put my '08 a4 avant (s line 2.0 tdi with nav and Bluetooth prep, 84k miles) into the auction after I've bought. Probably get £6500 for it (it's a bit ropey with a few dents and scratches, but has fsh and goes like a train, but I need a 4x4) paid £10500 for it June 2011 at bca, a saving of 3k over the retail price
                  Auction fees for private purchases now rather remove the benefit.... £600 on top of a £8.5k car rapidly approaches what you will get from tough negotiations at the dealer....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Automatic - Must have
                    Why?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Avoid! It's stolen recovered.

Comment

Working...
                      X