• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothingness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    I know and I do have some sympathy for the poor bloke.
    Luton has not made him what he is. He is in Luton because of what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You really need to pull yourself together. Ask yourself:

1. Are you invoicing?
      2. Is it indoor work?
      3. Is there no heavy lifting?

If yes to all three, stop whining, for your sake if not for ours. Do you have any idea how difficult it is out there for some people? Man up! Man up!
      Terrible when people whine on here isn't it?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...timesheet.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...f-my-back.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ie-thread.html

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Luton has not made him what he is. He is in Luton because of what he is.
        And what's that mate?

Comment

And now I'm a changed man! Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            And what's that mate?
            It's all about cause and effect. Consider a related question:

Should we pity suity because he lives in Luton or pity Luton because suity lives there?

Comment

Stop feeding the seagulls

Comment

You really need to pull yourself together. Ask yourself:

1. Are you invoicing?
                2. Is it indoor work?
                3. Is there no heavy lifting?

If yes to all three, stop whining, for your sake if not for ours. Do you have any idea how difficult it is out there for some people? Man up! Man up!
                F**k that, if your hating the contract, bored and can't change it why the hell shouldn't he complain and move on. Life is too short, hand in your notice and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  It's no secret I have nothing but utter contempt for the piss weak project management on my current gig. I book meetings, the PM doesn't turn up. He doesn't turn up to his own meetings FFS.

But in all seriousness, having tried absolutely everything to move things forward, I am not able. I know folks turn up to work, rush around trying to look important, talk utter bollocks, run around with clipboards trying to look important.

I'm not kidding. Nothing moves forward. No one cares. General apathy. Utter dross hole. Hate it. Hate them.

So I'm looking for gigs, have interviews lined up. All good. I just wondered, in all seriousness are there any of the panel who have suffered such utter ballbaggery and just sat there slowly composting sound in the knowledge that you can just take the money at the end of the month? I just can't. Boredom is like a smothering choking enveloping depressing cloud. Drag my arse in there every day, with a heavy heart.

How are organisations so rotten, so cancerous to the core that they can get away with doing this? Disgusts me.
                  "It's no secret I have nothing but utter contempt for the piss weak project management on my current gig. I book meetings, the PM doesn't turn up. He doesn't turn up to his own meetings FFS."

This is what fooks me off about you Suity. You have this own aura of your own self importance. 'I book meetings and people don't turn up'. Just because you book a meeting with someone more senior doesn't mean they should automatically accept, far from it in fact. You should be able to update people on a hallway conversation, or with a brief status update. Meetings should be a last resort.

In any one week I have 24 hours of fixed meetings on my calendar. I also receive around another 16-20 hours of meeting requests each week from all insundry & that's after implementing an additional management layer. I've hired one BA who insists on including me in every one of her requirements meetings, who then sends a meeting request to discuss every meeting, & then wants a meeting to discuss why I didn't turn up to the other dozen meetings & all this in addition to the weekly call I have with her in my timezone. When I arrive in the US I am hounded from pillar to post by developers, business analysts, managers, directors, all incapable or scared of making a decision, all pushing for time, all pushing to be heard, all pushing to clarify a decision they're capable of making but to piss scared to do so in case 'they get it wrong', all trying to defer responsibility.

Meetings overrun and I am forced to cancel other meetings with a few minutes notice, I receive 300 emails a day.

From another person who works for me, long rambling emails that go on for page on page that probably took a tulip load of time to write and will consist of a long time to read and then reply & if ignored a sense of bereavement by the sender and a no doubt follow up with a wailing & gnashing of teeth (the exact lengthy one's you've PM'd me before on CUK & then got pissy when not replied to)

Has it occurred to you that the PM is in fact busy & therefore stressed, far busier than you tapping your fingers on the desk, gazing out of the window dreaming of planting carrots and chewing your teeth because nobody will give you their undivided attention.

Grow up FFS, it's not all about you. If you don't like what you do, man the fook up & try management for a while & then you can come back & complain that everyone who works for you is fookin useless.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    "It's no secret I have nothing but utter contempt for the piss weak project management on my current gig. I book meetings, the PM doesn't turn up. He doesn't turn up to his own meetings FFS."

This is what fooks me off about you Suity. You have this own aura of your own self importance. 'I book meetings and people don't turn up'. Just because you book a meeting with someone more senior doesn't mean they should automatically accept, far from it in fact. You should be able to update people on a hallway conversation, or with a brief status update. Meetings should be a last resort.

More yank mentality drivel and tulipe
                    The PM doesn't turn up to meetings that HE arranged.

If I arrange a meeting, you accept, and then don't turn up and don't even apologise, this is just plain bad manners.

HTH BISDI

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      long rambling emails that go on for page on page that probably took a tulip load of time to write and will consist of a long time to read and then reply ....
                      Even this irony can't be lost on you.

Utter utter self important, up your own arse, yank sucking, bulltulip spouting, arrogant, mentally defective, god complexed, retarded, worthless, low life, sexually repressed, Walter Mittyesque, harbinger of bulltulip, fake flight taking, crap sledge selling, tat merchant arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                      X