• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothingness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Youre going to suggest becoming a fluffer, aren't you?
    No, anything else, you obliviously hate your job.

Comment

People at my client turn up to meetings, or decline in advance.

The problem is, they seem to spend about 90% of their time in meetings, and if they decline it's because they've got a different meeting to go to which they feel is more important.

Because everyone is in meetings for so long, nothing gets done and what should take a couple of days takes about 4 weeks, because they are waiting for the next weekly meeting to discuss it before acting on it. They're far too busy in meetings to call or email each other and actually get things done.

Comment

No show for meeting is frustrating but if it's the PM's gig then it's their project that is suffering.

We all want to do the best we can I get very frustrated with client culture but lay a paper trail of the impacts positively and if yes you can't live with it look for a new role

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Because everyone is in meetings for so long, nothing gets done and what should take a couple of days takes about 4 weeks, because they are waiting for the next weekly meeting to discuss it before acting on it. They're far too busy in meetings to call or email each other and actually get things done.
          Agreed, and then the business decides to offshore the whole sodding lot. Maybe they deserve it sometimes. Sadly the same dross people move into other firms to start rotting things down there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
            No show for meeting is frustrating but if it's the PM's gig then it's their project that is suffering.

We all want to do the best we can I get very frustrated with client culture but lay a paper trail of the impacts positively and if yes you can't live with it look for a new role
            Emails sent, arse is covered. Evidence of trying to ease the deadlock easily demonstrable. Suity is in rope vending mode.

The frustration is the fooker is getting away with it. They all are. It just is getting to me a bit. The fact that no one, no one in the whole organisation goes err hang on a minute this is all completely banjaxed, and no one is doing any actual work.

OK it's reassuring to know that others know what I'm whining on about.

Thanks all

Off to bed soon, got man flu.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Mate, not tonight. This is by no means any worse tripe than anyone elses tripe.
              Not true.

Oh and else's

But aside from that, I work in a similar environment. I do a good job and that's all I can do. The problem is that you're not charging enough. You'd probably be happy doing what you do for £2,000 pd.

Comment

Gather you're not in the fatherland anymore?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Nope, I have a problem not being able to do my job because of other people's laziness. Paying me more to sit on my arse won't help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Gather you're not in the fatherland anymore?
                    Korrect.

Comment

Nope, I have a problem not being able to do my job because of other people's laziness. Paying me more to sit on my arse won't help with that.
                      It helped me. I just spent most of the day on here while I waited for them to make a decision about what they wanted to do so I could get on with it, and then sent in my invoice

Comment

Working...
                      X