• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am being taken to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone else routing for the woman on this one
    you don't even know what she looks like, its a bit early to be carving a channel in her.

Maybe rooting?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      But if you look at the original post he says there is a scrape along the door

And you said that it was possible to completely apportion blame just on knowing where the vehicles were damaged.

This one you lost, it's now just a question of how gracefully.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Question is has Dodgy told his insurance company. If not he's into a world of pain for not having the evidence that he reported the accident....
        I did not report it. Does that mean they will win even though the proof will show that they collided with my car?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I did not report it. Does that mean they will win even though the proof will show that they collided with my car?
          You haven't renewed your policy since this accident have you?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A woman pulls out of her lane whilst I am overtaking and hits my car. A bit of damage so I said to her to leave it and call it quits. 4 months later I am being sued for £1000 and accused of "colliding with her car". I have a scrape along the nearside door which is not too serious. croydon court for me in Feb 2014.. food parcels welcome. She said I was going too fast (it's a Ferrari luv what do you expect?) and has clearly got a point to prove.

I have had an "exchange" with her lawyers trying to tell me what to do - nothing annoys me more than these people.
              With the commission you charge it's wonder you don't know the judge on a first name basis.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                And you said that it was possible to completely apportion blame just on knowing where the vehicles were damaged.

This one you lost, it's now just a question of how gracefully.

Where did I say completely. If you look at my post I said 'in part'

Comment

Oh dear...... As the phoneline I called earlier today stated in so many words:-

Please ensure we have all appropriate information otherwise we may have to repudiate the claim or revoke your insurance...

Now that is a big word so in small letters I will explain it to you

they won't pay out or help you....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Joking aside, there is little damage to my car (and there was very little to hers -quite how they have blown it up to £1000 is beyond me). If it is a matter of me not having notified my insurance company then I am done for m'lud. This is not the insurance company taking me to court it is her and she is claiming that I collided with her! which considering the bill for damage to her car shows repairs to the "front offside wing" and I now have a quote for the "nearside passenger door" seems utterly ridiculous.

Her Insurance company wrote to me "ticking me off" for writing directly to her. I then suggested that given the evidence contradicted her claim it was clearly in her better interests to talk to me direct. I then asked them to show me examples of previous incidents where a car has moved sideways/backwards into the front offside wing of another car.

They have chosen to ignore me

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Anyone else routing for the woman on this one
                      I#m not entirely sure how random woodworking will help her cause
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X