• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go sea angling, see some dolfins catch some mackerel and maybe a dogfish or a ray, cook it, eat. Or don't cook it and make the freshest sashimi you can find.

Unfortunately it's probably rather rough and chilly on the sea at the moment.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Go sea angling, see some dolfins catch some mackerel and maybe a dogfish or a ray, cook it, eat. Or don't cook it and make the freshest sashimi you can find.

Unfortunately it's probably rather rough and chilly on the sea at the moment.
      Speak English.

See some dolfins???

See some dolfins catch some mackerel and dogfish or a ray, cook it, eat????

Fcking clever dolfins!!!

Our native dolphins are nowhere near as sophisticated.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Speak English.

See some dolfins???

See some dolfins catch some mackerel and dogfish or a ray, cook it, eat????

Fcking clever dolfins!!!

Our native dolphins are nowhere near as sophisticated.
        My brain has been frazzled by clientco's full suite of IBM/HP tooling; I think it's causing early onset dementia.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          Rhosili looks very pretty a bit out of the way though, I've just noticed dinosaur world near Tenby unfortunately it closes at the start of November.

Looking at the distances between places and the travel times in google maps places seem quite isolated which I suppose is part of the attraction. Is Cardiff a nice place to visit with kids?
          Travel along the South Cost isn't too bad, Bristol to Milford Haven is a reliable 2.5 hours. North to South is different though, there aren't any big roads that direction. Fabulous beaches on the Gower, but sod all else sadly.

Cardiff is a nice city but nothing spectacular. Your other option is up the border country then in to the Brecons over the Heads of the Valleys. Lots of walks, and if the kids want to see a real coal mine, Big Pit (or Bryn Mawr) is worth a visit.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Go visit PC.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
              Hi,

Furlough at client over the chrimbo break looking at getting away for 4-5 days. Heart says Lanzarotte, house extension costs suggest somewhere closer to home.

I haven't been to Wales in ages but it still seems a very pretty place. Can anyone recommend areas to visit, I quite like walking but we'll have a 3 and 2 year in tow so long periods in the rugged countryside maybe a no-no.

Ta
              The Lleyn Peninsula (the westward sticking out part of North Wales) is nice, although somewhat desolate in winter. It isn't exactly heaving even in the height of summer - Last time I visited in august with a couple of friends, we had a beach the size of Blackpool literally all to ourselves!

Maybe Bardey Island would be a good place to spend Christmas, and you could take the nipper & family to a Christmas day service with the monks of St Mary's Abbey, if the public are admitted.

Also, if you're still based in Wetherby, as your user panel states, it would be a quick hop over the Pennines on the M62 and then the M56.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Go visit PC.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Zoooooppooooorrrrrttttttt!!!!!!
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Ur all welcome to visit me. U must owe me beers by now.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      <snip>- Last time I visited in august with a couple of friends, we had a beach the size of Blackpool literally all to ourselves!<snip>
                      Just so that I can picture it in my mind:
                      1) Was the beach literally the size of Blackpool? ( about 34.92 km²)
                      2) Was there literally no one else there?
                      3) Both?
                      4) Neither?

Comment

Working...
                      X