• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Staffing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Some of us are used to getting paid by an agency within 7 days of submitting an invoice.
    Snap. Not a massive problem, just through I would point it out to others.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      As Commercial Director for the group I am genuinely interested in how much of a problem this really is. We try treat all our contractors in a true business to business relationship and 28 day terms are reasonable B2B terms.

Although the terms are 28 days for Limited Companies the vast majority of our UK contractors are on weekly worksheets and we have no cutoff, do payment runs daily and our electronic time sheet system operates for over 99% of our active contractors.

My experience has generally been that contractors would rather be paid reliably than promised something better but paid less frequently.

A B2B relationship with 28 day payment terms are of course reasonable.

They're not reasonable AT ALL when Real Staffing are subcontracting through another agency whose payment terms are less than 7 days.

I for one am in this situation and need to submit 2 different time sheets.

Unless your subcontracting terms pay you in 28 days you're hanging on to payments for a minimum of 21 days. Interest rates aren't that high at the moment but still there are many other high risk short term investments which you could be profiting on using this capital for 21 days.

Would you like to share those profits?

Comment

Working...
      X