• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Staffing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is worrying you / bothering you, give them a call and ask how they found you
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Originally Posted by administrator
      Have you used the email address on any toilet doors? They could well have picked your email up from there...

FTFY
      At least you know where SY04's dead staring eyes come from now.

Comment

Real Staffing are part of the group I work for. You can either Pm me your email address and I will find out or there should be a address on the bottom if the email that you can write and request where we got the data.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
          Contracting via them at the moment. Good firm but they have 28 day payment terms.

GE
          As Commercial Director for the group I am genuinely interested in how much of a problem this really is. We try treat all our contractors in a true business to business relationship and 28 day terms are reasonable B2B terms.

Although the terms are 28 days for Limited Companies the vast majority of our UK contractors are on weekly worksheets and we have no cutoff, do payment runs daily and our electronic time sheet system operates for over 99% of our active contractors.

My experience has generally been that contractors would rather be paid reliably than promised something better but paid less frequently.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Just treat it as spam and block them.
            I'll go for that. Case closed.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              We try treat all our contractors in a true business to business relationship and 28 day terms are reasonable B2B terms.

Although the terms are 28 days for Limited Companies the vast majority of our UK contractors are on weekly worksheets and we have no cutoff, do payment runs daily and our electronic time sheet system operates for over 99% of our active contractors.
              <snip>
              Some of us are used to getting paid by an agency within 7 days of submitting an invoice.

Some agencies seem to want to treat contractors as businesses when it comes to payment but temps when it comes to other terms with legally unenforceable anticompetitive clauses.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                As Commercial Director for the group I am genuinely interested in how much of a problem this really is. We try treat all our contractors in a true business to business relationship and 28 day terms are reasonable B2B terms.

My experience has generally been that contractors would rather be paid reliably than promised something better but paid less frequently.
                As I said, I have never contracted with Real, but I don;t have a problem with weekly payment on 28 day terms. Usually I work with monthly payments on 28 day terms.

By the way, Andy, your Birmingham office staff always seem a pretty decent bunch. For pimps, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  As I said, I have never contracted with Real, but I don;t have a problem with weekly payment on 28 day terms. Usually I work with monthly payments on 28 day terms.

By the way, Andy, your Birmingham office staff always seem a pretty decent bunch. For pimps, of course.
                  Would you be offended if I were to point out the errors in your punctuation?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Would you be offended if I were to point out the errors in your punctuation?
                    Not at all. But I see it for myself now, so thanks.

Comment

Main problem with S3 electronic invoicing is that it still requires the 'client' to sign off a time sheet and that this then requires a process at S3's end to 'approve' for invoicing, you can then invoice. I have no issue with filling in time sheets, even less when they are electronic - they benefit everyone. I do however take issue with the lack of the ability to issue an invoice directly to my client (i.e. S3) as you would in a true B2B relationship. Currently if the 'time sheet' is not approved in a timely fashion the date stamp on the invoice suffers, usually rolling over to the Monday next which then effects the payment date.
                      I also believe that the 'approval' process currently falls foul of some wretched tax legislation.

Comment

Working...
                      X